Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Lexus ES300h
Country flag
LYTMCQ Did you just skip over everything I just posted ??? We ALL
here do not care who did what ! PLEASE stop posting OLD news we
already know about. You and Mr. UK may get this thread shut down.
You are smart enough to post good advice. So do so that's all we
ask of you. PLEASE.
I know I sound like a broken record, but Sweetwater, why aggravate yourself with his inane posts? He has more love for Chinese Communists than he does for the U.S. Put him on your ignore list. Sure he'll continue to respond to your posts as I'm sure he does mine (that's one I'll never understand...posting a response that the person you're responding to will never see, but such is life with those that spew hate).
Sponsored

Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This is speculation at best and and downright irresponsible and hurtful at worst. This kind of "information" is only meant to keep their ratings up and to make political commentary. It is by no means being said to help anyone move forward. Please be aware that media is NOT looking out for you. Their main goal is to make money off of you as best they can and promote whatever their agenda of the day is.

Stay strong @Sweetwater. If a story sounds sensational, it probably is bullcrap, especially if they are speculating on the future.
Yup, CNN always has an agenda and the people's best interests are never among them.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I'm still wondering why you seem very unconcerned about the possible coming economic collapse? Especially since it will disproportionately affect the lowest income people in this country. I haven't heard you looking for ways to get this economy moving, but seem very focused on why it should stay closed.
I'm very concerned about it. have you not seen my posts about how soon it looks like Michigan can restart and Ford and others can go back to work? Before reading this accusation I was just posting stories on another thread about how Boeing and others are starting back to work and what Ford and the automakers are doing. When I've posted on the lesson that we need to learn from the mistakes made by Denver and St. Louis during the 1918 influenza, it's with the perspective that if places which choose to open too early and too fast will have to shut down again, perhaps even harder than the first time. We absolutely need to reopen and we need to reopen as soon as we can do so safely. However, we need to be smart about it.

Sweetwater had a good thread going here but it's just broken down to partisan bickering, accusations, sniping, and name calling. I guess it's time for me to write it off like I did the coronavirus impact thread and spend my time in more productive conversations on the Mach E Forum and Club.

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X-Space White, 1 Ford Flex, 2 Ford Escapes
Country flag
LYTMCQ Did you just skip over everything I just posted ??? We ALL
here do not care who did what ! PLEASE stop posting OLD news we
already know about. You and Mr. UK may get this thread shut down.
You are smart enough to post good advice. So do so that's all we
ask of you. PLEASE.
Sweetwater, I have to say I am loving watching you grade LYTMCQ. Part of where I agree with him is you refer to OLD news. But, that photo for example is not old news, it is part of an ongoing discussion of how to open the country. Cards on table, my bias is, politely put, I am not a fan of Trump or his administration. And where we are talking about moving forward, it cannot be discussed without revisiting the past combined with the current situation. I agree that dumping on Trump is not helpful in this discussion, much as I would like to. ;) But, his past AND current failings are making reopening difficult and unsafe, due to lack of testing. And I do think encouraging people to break the law, ie, go against state closures, is an unbelievable (but of course believable) breach of his duties as president. That said, I like your approach to all of this, that you reply with humor and sensitivity. Keep it up and I will try to be as resourceful.

Rod m

First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan leaf
Country flag
I live in the uk and work as paramedic
I believe we need to keep the lockdown

There are still people dying everyday, we all have a responsibility to stop the silent killer, I know it’s a tuff time for everyone, but we only have 1 life and we need to make sure we are here to live it

I don’t see Covid going anywhere in the short term

I for one want to be around to enjoy my new ER RWD, i’am willing to wait a bit longer to get it

Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sweetwater, I have to say I am loving watching you grade LYTMCQ. Part of where I agree with him is you refer to OLD news. But, that photo for example is not old news, it is part of an ongoing discussion of how to open the country. Cards on table, my bias is, politely put, I am not a fan of Trump or his administration. And where we are talking about moving forward, it cannot be discussed without revisiting the past combined with the current situation. I agree that dumping on Trump is not helpful in this discussion, much as I would like to. ;) But, his past AND current failings are making reopening difficult and unsafe, due to lack of testing. And I do think encouraging people to break the law, ie, go against state closures, is an unbelievable (but of course believable) breach of his duties as president. That said, I like your approach to all of this, that you reply with humor and sensitivity. Keep it up and I will try to be as resourceful.
And you do realize there is considerable disagreement about 'his past & current failings'. Those 'failings' are what some say was a failure to act earlier. However he acted when his medical team told him to. That same team did NOT tell him to shut down earlier than he did. To say differently is just making up facts (I'm not accusing you of that and thank you for laying your cards on the table as to your political leanings...at least your honest). In actuality he acted before his team said word one when he closed down flights from China.

There are some (one who is on my ignore list) that insisted that Peter Navaro had sent a memo to the President about his fear of an upcoming pandemic, so he failed to act early when Navaro mentioned it. But let me ask those that believe this a question, do you act on what your Trade Commissioner says or what you medical team says? I can tell you 100%, I'd act on what my medical team said before I acted on my Trade Commissioner's advice. And I must tell you I think Navaro is excellent at what he does. Bright and decisive.

The Never Trumpers would criticize him if the only person telling him early on the virus was coming, was the Janitor and he didn't take the janitor's advice. So it goes in Never Trump land.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
As we get closer to the days when reopening the small shops and business that we
need just what are your HONEST thoughts ? I think workers will be a little scared but
what are they to do ? We need this badly as the economy will only get worst. Are you
willing to go out and shop, eat, and be among people ? Sorry I can't test the waters
at this time. Yea between a rock and a hard place. So this is going to happen soon.
Please share your honest thoughts. We need your input for all of us at this time.
In one last attempt to inject useful, on topic discussion, I thought I'd share the results of a national opinion survey just conducted on this very topic. While it addresses "gatherings" it speaks volumes on confidence of people to go out into stores, restaurants, etc., all of which are part of reopening the economy. While some will be ready to go out in May, most say June, July, or even later.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Reopening America ? imrs.ph

Survey reported in:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...436dda-833b-11ea-a3eb-e9fc93160703_story.html

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag
In one last attempt to inject useful, on topic discussion, I thought I'd share the results of a national opinion survey just conducted on this very topic. While it addresses "gatherings" it speaks volumes on confidence of people to go out into stores, restaurants, etc., all of which are part of reopening the economy. While some will be ready to go out in May, most say June, July, or even later.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Reopening America ? imrs.ph

Survey reported in:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...436dda-833b-11ea-a3eb-e9fc93160703_story.html
Wowsers! With a 3.5 +/- % margin of error, those numbers are statistically all equal. I think the biggest takeaway is not the "when" but the observation that most people have no clue.

For example, here is me applying (up to) a 3.5% margin to each number: (in the order they are presented on the slide)
13.5% (+3.5%)
17.5% (-3.5%)
16.5% (-3.5%)
16.5% (+3.5%)
16 (-3.0%)
7.5% (+3.5%)

OP
OP
Sweetwater

Sweetwater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Country flag
Please start your own thread. I am as well as others tired of Trump crap
weather I like him or not. Keep it up and I WILL report you to Admin. and
have you blocked from posting here. This is not a threat it's a promise.

Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think the fact that so many don't or simply won't consider, are the additional deaths that will occur if we don't open soon. There is absolute factual evidence that as this lockdown continues there will be many additional deaths from drug ODs, suicides, untended to medical conditions and a variety of other things including depression from long term unemployment. These additional deaths can be substantial. This must be weighed against keeping the lockdown going.

Then, as we learn more about the virus, it's becoming very apparent that the actual death rate relative to the those that have already been infected (many totally unaware they were ever infected) is far smaller than first thought. The more random testing we do for antibodies, the more we see people were infected at a greater level than ever believed. Thus the denominator in this equation continues to grow. It will probably wind up much less than 1%...not much different than what would occur with a flu season.

pbojanoski

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace
Country flag
I'm very concerned about it. have you not seen my posts about how soon it looks like Michigan can restart and Ford and others can go back to work? Before reading this accusation I was just posting stories on another thread about how Boeing and others are starting back to work and what Ford and the automakers are doing. When I've posted on the lesson that we need to learn from the mistakes made by Denver and St. Louis during the 1918 influenza, it's with the perspective that if places which choose to open too early and too fast will have to shut down again, perhaps even harder than the first time. We absolutely need to reopen and we need to reopen as soon as we can do so safely. However, we need to be smart about it.

Sweetwater had a good thread going here but it's just broken down to partisan bickering, accusations, sniping, and name calling. I guess it's time for me to write it off like I did the coronavirus impact thread and spend my time in more productive conversations on the Mach E Forum and Club.
Your "reopen" posts are very recent. You've been decidedly against any reopen discussion for weeks.

All I've been saying for weeks is to reopen in a thoughtful and prudent way, but received push back and ridicule (from some) for even thinking about it.

I'm also not asking you to leave any discussion. I am asking for each of us to really think about the HARD questions we all face and to answer them honestly and constructively. I won't wither in the face of hard questions. I hope you won't either.

pbojanoski

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace
Country flag
I think you need to state exactly what you think can be done before you call something a failing. How exactly do you think we can do millions of COVID-19 tests everyday when there is no installed base of testing to do that kind of thing? Nowhere in the world have they been able to test a large portion of their citizens on a daily basis. How many do you think can be tested and how effective do you think that level of testing will be? Why can't Governors get a large portion of their citizens tested if the President is failing?

If we focus more on preventing getting infected, something we can do, mass testing will be less of a requirement. Obviously, we can continue to expand testing, but we need to have a reasonable and attainable goal.
Sponsored