Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
So, when I searched for it on my cable (Spectrum, FL) it listed several airtimes - some at 1 am(!) and I think 10 pm next week again.
Sponsored

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
Any way to watch this? Doesn't feel exactly like the future that this was only on linear TV and shown one time only, just sayin
It will air again on NBC Sports Network on 12/28 (I think that is the date) and other times. The producers are also working an extended cut that they hope to distribute online.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Interesting that they mentioned several times that the 350kW stations are much faster, but didn’t mention that not all the cars support those high charging speeds. I’m sure that sucked for the Taycan that had to plug into the 150kW station because the ID.4 was using the 350kW one.

Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
Interesting that they mentioned several times that the 350kW stations are much faster, but didn’t mention that not all the cars support those high charging speeds. I’m sure that sucked for the Taycan that had to plug into the 150kW station because the ID.4 was using the 350kW one.
Yeah, and at one stop the winning crew in the MachE were moaning that they were stuck on the 150 kw plug, like it makes a huge difference.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yeah, and at one stop the winning crew in the MachE were moaning that they were stuck on the 150 kw plug, like it makes a huge difference.
Yeah, that was weird. I’m sure Ryan and Laycee knew that.

On the surface, you would think the Taycans would have an unfair advantage with the faster charging capabilities. But I guess charging speed isn’t everything.

This sure wasn’t a good look for Polestar.

WWJPD

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
The show was entertaining and it really was more of an EV rally type of race, which my wife and I would love to try. I was a bit surprised at the seeming lack of EV, specific vehicle, and charging knowledge by many of the contestants-from charging rates of vehicles to USB ports in their car. The Polestar charging incident was worrisome, both for that team and for EA.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
They need to get a serious EV cannonball going and pit Kyle Connor against TeslaBjorn. Could you imagine the schmutz and how much they would "charge like a boss"?

I'd even subscribe to Comcast cable TV to see that.

Maybe.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
They need to get a serious EV cannonball going and pit Kyle Connor against TeslaBjorn. Could you imagine the schmutz and how much they would "charge like a boss"?
Well, I believe that Ryan does hold the current EV cannonball record. But that was in a Tesla, so I’m sure the charging experience was totally different.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
The show was entertaining and it really was more of an EV rally type of race, which my wife and I would love to try. I was a bit surprised at the seeming lack of EV, specific vehicle, and charging knowledge by many of the contestants-from charging rates of vehicles to USB ports in their car. The Polestar charging incident was worrisome, both for that team and for EA.
They intentionally had a mix of EV veterans and novices.