HDer

First Name
Yi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
InfiniteBlueRt1, 07XterraManual
Country flag
We got the Rt. 1 just now and it's perfect for us. It has everything we want: sunroof and range and Blue Cruise, and doesn't have everything we don't want: AWD, heated seats, and maybe one thing I kind of miss (powered liftgate.) Yes, it's the slowest model, but it's the same speed as the RWD extended range Premium, so it comes down to the single motor and heavier car (bigger battery).
Sponsored

OP
OP
engnrng

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, Kona EV, 2023 BMW iX
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
We got the Rt. 1 just now and it's perfect for us. It has everything we want: sunroof and range and Blue Cruise, and doesn't have everything we don't want: AWD, heated seats, and maybe one thing I kind of miss (powered liftgate.) Yes, it's the slowest model, but it's the same speed as the RWD extended range Premium, so it comes down to the single motor and heavier car (bigger battery).
I have had my Rt 1 since February and find I actually prefer the manual lift gate because I can open and close it quicker than the powered version. It is perfectly balanced and takes little effort. Welcome to the Mach E!

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
The manual liftgate really isn't that big of a deal; I've never had one but my wife's previous van had one but I can't say I miss it on her current durango. Since it does actually get cold here in NJ I did miss the heated seats in Feb/Mar, but before this coming winter I plan to get the seatcovers and an aftermarket seat heater to put under them. I have always preferred cloth seats anyway, so a couple hundred dollars isn't that big of a deal. I also took the aerocovers off and have center hub covers on order - I'll post the pics when they finally arrive.

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
Maybe they should have called it the Route 1 Florida Edition.
Actually, if it were Florida, it would have to be called the Florida A1A Edition.

Route 1 is the coast highway in California. A1A is the coast highway in Florida.

KDub

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E CA Route 1
Country flag
I'm up in Northern California with an Infinite Blue CA Route 1. Got it on July 5th so I've had it for 3 weeks now and really loving it.

The range is better than expected so far (3.5-4.1 miles/kWh). The car handles well and is really quiet inside (coming from a Clarity plug-in). On bumpy roads it is a little harsh but not too bad - probably worse with Premium 19s. The sound system sounds really good to me (50% podcasts 50% music via Spotify on Android Auto). In the winter it does drop into the high 30s - low 40s here in this part of the Bay Area but I figure I'll precondition and use extra battery capacity to heat the car if needed. The manual lift gate is ok, probably better to have with our dog back there than an automatic lift gate but that's the only feature I think maybe I'd like from the Premium. Very happy with the CA Route 1 and I was able to get it at MSRP here.

I'm starting to see a few more Mach E's up here in the Bay Area. Getting lots of thumbs ups and a couple guys stopped me as I was leaving a parking lot to ask me about it. This is Tesla-land with literally every 4th car being a Mod 3 or Y, so it's nice to see them on the road and to get some interest.

So far, so good. Only issues I've had is PAAK delays or not working on occasion and phone battery drain. Otherwise, really happy...though, it's early.

Ztug

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 mache e
Country flag
Actually, if it were Florida, it would have to be called the Florida A1A Edition.

Route 1 is the coast highway in California. A1A is the coast highway in Florida.
True, and I like that even better, but we also have US 1 that goes all the way from Mile Marker "0" in Key West to the Georgia Border and then all the way through Maine. It goes through almost every little town on the East Coast of Florida.

OrchidMania

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Premium ER
Occupation
Retired IT, School Math Volunteer
Country flag
For me the big advantage on Premium is the seat color. I HATE black seats..

OrchidMania

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Premium ER
Occupation
Retired IT, School Math Volunteer
Country flag
True, but in SoCal, we need AC cooled seats :cool: Wearing shorts getting into a hot car with black seats might cook our legs.
which is why I ordered premium with the grey seats! S Fla here
Sponsored