Saving Navigation Addresses?

Kerpazm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR 4X FE
Country flag
I feel really dumb asking this question, as I consider myself decently technically savvy, but how do you save addresses in the navigation system? I was able to save my home address by selecting "Go Home," which prompted me to enter my home address, but I have not found anywhere in the UI to save an address. The manual says "Press the star icon next when viewing location details to save the location," but I have not been able to find the star icon after searching for an address or in looking at my previous destinations.
Sponsored

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Ok nobody responded to your question--not sure if you figured it out or not but I did and it isn't obvious at all. I only happened to find it because I touched the screen in the right way...

Here is the secret:
Search for a location(s) and tap the one you want (so the screen shows it like you want to go there with the green "Go" button).

Now the super secret thing to do: touch the name/address of the location and drag it up. You'll see the star button, weather and a whole bunch of extra info--a lot really as you can drag it up a lot.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Ok nobody responded to your question--not sure if you figured it out or not but I did and it isn't obvious at all. I only happened to find it because I touched the screen in the right way...

Here is the secret:
Search for a location(s) and tap the one you want (so the screen shows it like you want to go there with the green "Go" button).

Now the super secret thing to do: touch the name/address of the location and drag it up. You'll see the star button, weather and a whole bunch of extra info--a lot really as you can drag it up a lot.
OY. They must have given the new guy that UI. It's not like there's not enough real estate to just show the star, or a "more" button, the 3 dots, anything intuitive.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
OY. They must have given the new guy that UI. It's not like there's not enough real estate to just show the star, or a "more" button, the 3 dots, anything intuitive.
They’re busy designing the OTA “randomly eject glass roof” update @timbop. You know that. :p

cmtaylor963

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 1st Ed
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag

Here is the secret:

Thanks. Programming home was easy, but I gave up trying to save work or anything else...

OP
OP

Kerpazm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR 4X FE
Country flag

Here is the secret:

You LEGEND. As @timbop said, the UI design on that is terrible. There is absolutely NO indication that you can do that. The more infuriating part of it is that there is a TON of information behind that scroll action, like finding nearby charging stations, route preferences, distance vs. remaining range, etc. If they would've at least dropped an arrow or something on the screen to indicate you could scroll it, it would go a long way in communicating something very important. I mean, they spend all this time talking about how they have a massive 15.5 inch screen where they can put so much info on it, and this has clearly baffled multiple people.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicles
Country flag
They could have at least put it in the video on "Connected Navigation" but they didn't:

CarboFE

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E FE Carbonized Grey
Country flag

Here is the secret:

Had exact same frustration. Thanks for the tip!

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
You LEGEND. As @timbop said, the UI design on that is terrible. There is absolutely NO indication that you can do that. The more infuriating part of it is that there is a TON of information behind that scroll action, like finding nearby charging stations, route preferences, distance vs. remaining range, etc. If they would've at least dropped an arrow or something on the screen to indicate you could scroll it, it would go a long way in communicating something very important. I mean, they spend all this time talking about how they have a massive 15.5 inch screen where they can put so much info on it, and this has clearly baffled multiple people.
Thankfully its SW and can easily be improved :D

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag

Here is the secret:

Pretty much everyone was going to have this question @JamieGeek, so thanks for ponying up and giving all of us the answer.

BTW, be careful with that "touched the right way" comment, I hear @GoGoGadgetMachE, Forum (NOT) post police is on the prowl with a ticket book. ;)

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicles
Country flag
Pretty much everyone was going to have this question @JamieGeek, so thanks for ponying up and giving all of us the answer.

BTW, be careful with that "touched the right way" comment, I hear @GoGoGadgetMachE, Forum (NOT) post police is on the prowl with a ticket book. ;)
You see when a man loves a car very much he caresses....er um cough cough nothing to see here.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag

Here is the secret:

nice tip