John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
So far I am extremely happy with the car. Some minor glitches with the infotainment system but nothing crazy. This glitch though I can't for the life of me understand why don't fix it. So if I drop somebody off at a location, the car warns me that the rear seatbelts are not buckled. The thing is though, nobody is sitting there anymore. I understand it most likely works with the belt buckle no longer being attached and since the car was never turned off it goes by last state but there is no rear occupant sensors so it doesn't understand that nobody is there anymore. So get rid of the rear seatbelt buckle detection. I understand how and why it occurs but it doesn't work properly.
Having five kids, three of them young, I love the rear seatbelt buckle detection. One of my monsters is always undoing the seatbelts because she doesn't like them. I'm happy to press "Ok" when they get out of the car for school drop-off to clear it knowing that it's going to pop up for me if they unbuckle mid-ride.
Sponsored

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
Having five kids, three of them young, I love the rear seatbelt buckle detection. One of my monsters is always undoing the seatbelts because she doesn't like them. I'm happy to press "Ok" when they get out of the car for school drop-off to clear it knowing that it's going to pop up for me if they unbuckle mid-ride.
That's ok, but I turned off the rear passenger detection because I almost always have two car seats in the back. In cases where I don't, it shouldn't be warning me that the seatbelt is not attached since there's nobody there. Maybe I need to turn it on and off again. The car doesn't ask me clear the warning it just stays on

GrisGris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RR ER AWD
Country flag
Yes happens to me sometimes. You can get rid of it by pressing the "ok" button on the steering wheel. Hope they fix it in a software update
Thanks for the tip, because here we are in September, and still need it. Sigh...
I've been staring at two red warnings every morning after I drop off my kids, so at least this will help.

GrisGris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RR ER AWD
Country flag
I would need more data to be positive, but by the sounds of it I don't think there is anything to resolve. I highly doubt the MME has passenger presence sensors in the rear seats, so the only way it thinks there is someone there is a buckled seatbelt. On each key cycle, if it sees a buckled belt it says 'ok I have a passenger in that seat'. As soon as the belt is unbuckled the warning pops up, which can be cleared by pressing the 'ok' button. The car has no way to tell if the buckle was inadvertently released, or the passenger left the vehicle, so it gives the warning.
If the warning persists after being acknowledged, then it sounds like we have a problem.
Oh, if it's only based on a clicked buckle in the back and not a passenger sensor, then I guess we're going to have to live with this one. At least now I know I can just click a button.

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I highly doubt the MME has passenger presence sensors in the rear seats, so the only way it thinks there is someone there is a buckled seatbelt.
I think there are sensors of some sort in the back seats, I just don't think they communicate right with the car. I have had a kid sit down and slide across the seat, pausing in the middle, and it engaged that warning. I'll also get the check back seats message when turning off the car when that happens.
Sponsored