AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
Hood doesn’t get heated and that normally melts the ice. Mmm, never thought of that
That's why people put v8 in the frunk.
Guess you can pour it on to melt the ice NOT
Sponsored

J5hort

First Name
JS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
Just about anything will scratch to some degree when removing snow from a car. Some more than others and the softer the tool, the less effective in removing ice and snow. Before the weather starts, I'd recommend completely cleaning and applying a coat of ceramic coating to the vehicle. Clearing windows and top levels of loose snow from the body panels and letting the sun or a night in the garage melt the rest off has been my practice.

OP
OP
Gullwingdmc

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
Just about anything will scratch to some degree when removing snow from a car. Some more than others and the softer the tool, the less effective in removing ice and snow. Before the weather starts, I'd recommend completely cleaning and applying a coat of ceramic coating to the vehicle. Clearing windows and top levels of loose snow from the body panels and letting the sun or a night in the garage melt the rest off has been my practice.
Yeah I’m looking in to treating it for the winter, I just can’t spend that much. I would love if I could get a coating done for a couple hundred that would last me through the winter.

J5hort

First Name
JS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yeah I’m looking in to treating it for the winter, I just can’t spend that much. I would love if I could get a coating done for a couple hundred that would last me through the winter.
I applied Nexgen ceramic spray just after receiving my MME. It was not that expensive, easy to apply and top rated. I will be the judge to see how well it does over the winter.

OP
OP
Gullwingdmc

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I applied Nexgen ceramic spray just after receiving my MME. It was not that expensive, easy to apply and top rated. I will be the judge to see how well it does over the winter.
Nice! I’ll look in to that one. I’ve never done a coating or wax before, so I know I’m going to be OCD about it.

J5hort

First Name
JS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Nice! I’ll look in to that one. I’ve never done a coating or wax before, so I know I’m going to be OCD about it.
So pretty high content Si02 content in this one. Literally, remove all wax or contaminants from older paint, spray on mist and wipe with microfiber cloth. I clayed my 08 Jaguar before I applied it. For the MME no need as it was new. I'm guessing it left the dealer with a light detail, so a quick wipe down to remove any wax or glaze before applying ceramic coat was recommended. Like most finish work, the proper steps before applying final coats is usually more important than the product used.

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
As we get closer to the dreaded winter season, I wanted to see what everyone’s recommendations were for removing snow and ice off the car?

I have an old brush/scrapper combo that needs to be retired, also a foam brush that works ok, but is a bit clunky for fine snow removal.

What does everyone prefer to limit scratches and reach the roof to clear all the snow off?
I put the cabin heater on hot, let it sit until the cabin gets warm, then do sudden acceleration/deceleration.

JonathanEzor

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT, Taurus, C-MAX Energi, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag
Searched for and found this thread; my Mach-E is about to experience its first snow storm since I got it last July. We're expecting 3-5 inches, so nothing too terrible. I figure remote starting with the heat maxed can clear most of the surfaces, but it won't help the frunk, and I don't want to scratch it. Thanks for all the suggestions here. {Jonathan}

OP
OP
Gullwingdmc

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Searched for and found this thread; my Mach-E is about to experience its first snow storm since I got it last July. We're expecting 3-5 inches, so nothing too terrible. I figure remote starting with the heat maxed can clear most of the surfaces, but it won't help the frunk, and I don't want to scratch it. Thanks for all the suggestions here. {Jonathan}
I got this one and it’s worked well. I still don’t apply much pressure when clearing painted surfaces though.

BIRDROCK HOME 39" Extendable Snow Brush with Detachable Ice Scraper for Car | 14" Wide Foam Head | Size: Car & SUV | Lightweight Aluminum Body with Ergonomic Grip | Windshield & Paint Safe… https://a.co/d/6mUhRck

J5hort

First Name
JS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I will be using a garage to keep the snow off of it this storm.
Sponsored