Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Heh, the Colts seemed to enjoy it more than the Niners. ?‍♂ At least the Niners aren't as bad as they were in the '70s. My friends all rooted for other teams and called them the "Phony Niners."
Sponsored

NewGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ready to order
Country flag
Don’t use a brush. Use a foam broom like the Snow Joe or Snobrum. Don’t rub it across the painted surface. Just push it into the snow and leave it an inch or so above the paint, then push or pull and it will often all come off in one sheet.

For glass, I like the ice scrapers that have the mitt attached to them. Your hand will thank you the first cold day you’re scraping ice off the windows.

FarSide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar F-Type '70 Vet, Outback Onyx, '04 Wrangler
Country flag
I'm going with an outside car cover when I know there is going to be snow/ice. Knock the snow off the cover, rip it off and the car is clean. I won't cover the car every night and I might miss some snow events but when snow is in the forecast, I will cover it. Yes, putting on the cover is slightly inconvenient but not nearly as much as brushing and scraping snow and ice.

OP
OP
Gullwingdmc

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
I'm going with an outside car cover when I know there is going to be snow/ice. Knock the snow off the cover, rip it off and the car is clean. I won't cover the car every night and I might miss some snow events but when snow is in the forecast, I will cover it. Yes, putting on the cover is slightly inconvenient but not nearly as much as brushing and scraping snow and ice.
I would love to try that, but when my car is snowed in at work I would feel weird covering and then what would I do with the cover when I pulled it off and it’s all wet.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Heh, the Colts seemed to enjoy it more than the Niners. ?‍♂ At least the Niners aren't as bad as they were in the '70s. My friends all rooted for other teams and called them the "Phony Niners."
I was standing in the SEATAC Airport one winter Tuesday morning during football season. The then Oakland Raiders (pre any move) had played the Seahawks the night before. We were fogged in. I was in my pilot uniform deadheading home. I was standing next to Howard Cossel.

After chatting about when the weather would lift, he asked where I was from. I told him I had grown up in Raiders country. He asked if I’d seen the game the previous night, I answered “No, I’m not a Raiders fan.” He asked if I was a football fan and I said, “No, I’m a 49ers fan.” His answer? “I understand.” They finished 2-14 that year for the second year in a row.

OrchidMania

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Premium ER
Occupation
Retired IT, School Math Volunteer
Country flag
I live in Southern California. No snow to worry about and rarely need to worry about rain, so just move here. Problem solved! :p
Salt is more my issue in South Florida than snow!

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Driving car in the winter covers it with salt and dirt. To then put a cover on it, which gets the cover dirty on the car side, and then use the cover in the future, which rubs the salt and dirt on the car, doesn't make sense to me.

physib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Driving car in the winter covers it with salt and dirt. To then put a cover on it, which gets the cover dirty on the car side, and then use the cover in the future, which rubs the salt and dirt on the car, doesn't make sense to me.
How do you clean it then?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I store in garage.

MetrowestZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
California AWD
Country flag
For those without a garage, can you set your car to cycle on and off every once in a while, while plugged in so it heats up and hopefully melts the snow in real time?

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
And here I thought this was a thread about mounting a blade on the car..... :)
As long as you don't have to drill in the bumper and put a license plate. It's a very, very sensitive subject for a few people here! :rolleyes:

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
I was standing in the SEATAC Airport one winter Tuesday morning during football season. The then Oakland Raiders (pre any move) had played the Seahawks the night before. We were fogged in. I was in my pilot uniform deadheading home. I was standing next to Howard Cossel.

After chatting about when the weather would lift, he asked where I was from. I told him I had grown up in Raiders country. He asked if I’d seen the game the previous night, I answered “No, I’m not a Raiders fan.” He asked if I was a football fan and I said, “No, I’m a 49ers fan.” His answer? “I understand.” They finished 2-14 that year for the second year in a row.
Chicago Bears fan here. We still have some passing records from Sid Luckman. Played in 1939!
Sponsored