Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E So here I am waiting B53CA2C2-3F4D-4AEA-A7F9-0748B9F35AB1
So here I am waiting in line at the Ford quick lube with my Escape. Got here 20 minutes before opening and I will be waiting an hour because I was the seventh car to show up. I am NOT going to miss this fun.
Sponsored

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
So here I am waiting in line at the Ford quick lube with my Escape. Got here 20 minutes before opening and I will be waiting an hour because I was the seventh car to show up. I am NOT going to miss this fun.
Yes, not having to get service will be nice, although with RWD and a lead foot I'll have to be sure to get the tires rotated. I actually book an appointment with my dealer online for oil changes, which still means waiting while they do it but at least I don't have to wait for them to start it.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
"quick" is a relative term I suppose. ?

Raymondjram

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid LE sedan
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
B53CA2C2-3F4D-4AEA-A7F9-0748B9F35AB1.jpeg
Can you do your own oil and filter changes? I did it for all my family vehicles since 1967, but on my Fusion Hybrid I cannot because I need a lift to access and remove the engine underbody cover. The good news is that I only have my dealer do the changes once a year for $45. That is how little the Hybrid system turns the engine on, and how much money and time I save against a conventional vehicle.

Does your Escape have a similar problem?

Last edited:
OP
OP
jhalkias

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Can you do your own oil and filter changes? I did it for all my family vehicles since 1967, but on my Fusion Hybrid I cannot because I need a lift to access and remove the engine underbody cover. The good news is that I only have my dealer do the changes once a year for $45. That is how little the Hybrid system turns the engine on, and how much money and time I save against a conventional vehicle.

Does your Escape have a similar problem?
I have not done my own oil since college, but yes, the Escape has one of those covers too. We have that Sam experience with our Fusion Energi.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Our Quicklane only takes appointments during COVID. That way they can control the # of people in the waiting room.

Of course the last time we were there we had an appointment for one car but had another one that needed an oil change. They said "we're not busy now, just bring the other one right over" LOL. (Guess they didn't have many appt's then.)

OP
OP
jhalkias

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Our Quicklane only takes appointments during COVID. That way they can control the # of people in the waiting room.

Of course the last time we were there we had an appointment for one car but had another one that needed an oil change. They said "we're not busy now, just bring the other one right over" LOL. (Guess they didn't have many appt's then.)
You never get out of the car at this one.
Sponsored