Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Bummer.
What parts are Magna providing? Occupancy access, driving and parking aid systems? Anything related to powertrain systems this go round?

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Many suppliers are still having a problem with supplies and workers. It is way worse than a lot of people know.
Magna has been allowing 7 days a week to work for their workers. Anyone that will volunteer to come in to do anything to help with supplies getting out.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/b...QhoCHqaLYXr9prmZsrzF6iSsXAQn4NINigexVyehgVJvc
Considering it’s taking me about 3 months to get appliances delivered from Home Depot due to COVID affecting manufacturing shortages, In not surprised at all.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Considering it’s taking me about 3 months to get appliances delivered from Home Depot due to COVID affecting manufacturing shortages, In not surprised at all.
Well if Home Depot supplies are running short that must really be causing havoc to Tesla's manufacturing ;)

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
The gf got fencing estimates to replace her fence - she originally got quotes in July for vinyl and both the HD contractor and Lowe's were like "yeah maybe October maybe?" She dithered a bit and finally got updated quotes two weeks ago and both were like "yeah unless you want ugly-ass plain white vinyl, you might never get it, and that would be in the Spring." so she went with wood because that still exists apparently.

supply lines are screwed up everywhere in every industry right now.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
It took me weeks to find a Square D Homelite 50 Amp breaker for my EVSE. Finally ordered online from Lowes and had it shipped. Every time I am in Lowes or HD I look and they are still out in the stores.

bluestarct

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Highlander, Mazda 6 GT, Mach E FE
Country flag
My company orders thousands of appliances from GE a year (dishwashers, stoves, refrigerators, hoods). We have had to send our maintenance techs to Lowes, Best Buy, AAA Supply and multiple other different stores to supply our houses for our residents. The disruption to the supply chain is scary but amazing from an analytical standpoint.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
It took me weeks to find a Square D Homelite 50 Amp breaker for my EVSE. Finally ordered online from Lowes and had it shipped. Every time I am in Lowes or HD I look and they are still out in the stores.
the electrician I had put in my 60 AMP circuit still says he can't get a 14-60 outlet months later. I am pretty close to just buying the damn thing off Big River and doing it myself.

Last edited:

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
My company orders thousands of appliances from GE a year (dishwashers, stoves, refrigerators, hoods). We have had to send our maintenance techs to Lowes, Best Buy, AAA Supply and multiple other different stores to supply our houses for our residents. The disruption to the supply chain is scary but amazing from an analytical standpoint.
I work for an electrical distributor, and same. We've had to buy out local big-box stores at times because our suppliers can't get us product. Sometimes on the most random of things.

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
The entire automotive supply base is still extremely stressed, even though it's been a few months since they came out of the COVID shutdowns. They likely will be stressed for a few more months.

S.B.

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Problems with the supply chain shouldn’t effect quality though, right? Not that I am worried....

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
Volunteer? HA! I'll volunteer to work more when they volunteer to pay me more!
Assuming they are paid hourly, they would be.
If they are salary, than maybe not.