Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
subaru outback and crosstrek
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
Last week I was driving on highway and wrench light came on with the service vehicle soon message. When I got to the exit and stopped, the car turned off and wouldn't start again. I waited five minutes and tried again. Wrench was gone and car was able to drive....I thought it was a glitch so I continued driving with no issues until 5 days later when the exact same thing happened. This time I was stranded for over 30. min. Decided to call for a tow, but then I got the car started and drove it to the dealership. They kept it for about 24 hours, did a software update, and were unable to replicate the situation. They did have issues though with charging the car. Wasn't able to charge it for awhile. Told me since they couldn't replicate what happened to me, that I should take it home.. I took it home last night...This morning, got in car and same wrench! Car could not be put into drive... Had to find alternate transportation to work...I'm taking car back to dealer this afternoon. Has anyone dealt with this? My car is a 2023 premium with 2700 miles. Help!!!!
Sponsored

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
Last week I was driving on highway and wrench light came on with the service vehicle soon message. When I got to the exit and stopped, the car turned off and wouldn't start again. I waited five minutes and tried again. Wrench was gone and car was able to drive....I thought it was a glitch so I continued driving with no issues until 5 days later when the exact same thing happened. This time I was stranded for over 30. min. Decided to call for a tow, but then I got the car started and drove it to the dealership. They kept it for about 24 hours, did a software update, and were unable to replicate the situation. They did have issues though with charging the car. Wasn't able to charge it for awhile. Told me since they couldn't replicate what happened to me, that I should take it home.. I took it home last night...This morning, got in car and same wrench! Car could not be put into drive... Had to find alternate transportation to work...I'm taking car back to dealer this afternoon. Has anyone dealt with this? My car is a 2023 premium with 2700 miles. Help!!!!
When you take the car to the dealer, ask them what codes the car is showing. There are people here that are likely to know what may be causing your problem. Best of luck

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Also I would suggest obtaining the CarScanner app and an OBDII reader that is compatible with it. You can pull the Diagnostic Test Codes yourself using that and provide those codes to your service department. 😊🐩

Shundi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Rte 1
Country flag
This happened to me after I was having 12V battery issues. Ultimately required a recall component to be replaced connected to my front camera system. Was able to get the car driveable but now I don't have a functioning front collision detection system until they get the second component off backorder. 2021 Rte 1 Standard
Sponsored