Nemy

Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue Mach-E
Country flag
From what I can tell, the yearly/10,000 mile schedule is, as you kind of said, a glorified tire rotation. Everything else on the schedule is only to "inspect." I guess with your $250 credit it came out to $30 but that's all it should've costed anyways.

As a comparison, I drove my first Bolt 42,000 miles and my second Bolt 53,000 miles and never went to a dealer. With a floor jack and an impact wrench, I would rotate my tires and change out the cabin filters as needed. So 100,000 miles, $28 in filters and zero trips to the dealer (other than to turn in the fire hazard for a buyback :rolleyes:). But that's the beauty of EVs - zero maintenance. The MME is no different so I wouldn't go back to the dealer unless you had another credit.
Advertisement

OP
OP

Eric_C_Boston

First Name
Eric
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E RWD ER
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
The service credit was just the Fordpass Points (using the proper name) I got when I bought the car.

I may try out the PAAK again and put the key in a faraday bag. Thanks for the comments.

TRP

First Name
Tim
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
From what I can tell, the yearly/10,000 mile schedule is, as you kind of said, a glorified tire rotation. Everything else on the schedule is only to "inspect." I guess with your $250 credit it came out to $30 but that's all it should've costed anyways.

As a comparison, I drove my first Bolt 42,000 miles and my second Bolt 53,000 miles and never went to a dealer. With a floor jack and an impact wrench, I would rotate my tires and change out the cabin filters as needed. So 100,000 miles, $28 in filters and zero trips to the dealer (other than to turn in the fire hazard for a buyback :rolleyes:). But that's the beauty of EVs - zero maintenance. The MME is no different so I wouldn't go back to the dealer unless you had another credit.
You are not wrong, IF......a person had the tools like you to do it at home. I used to have an impact, air compressor, jacks and stands. Then I moved and downsized and those tools are no longer with me.

I can pay a dealer $24 (my cost for the 10k service) a long time before I recoup the tool costs.

Nemy

Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue Mach-E
Country flag
You are not wrong, IF......a person had the tools like you to do it at home. I used to have an impact, air compressor, jacks and stands. Then I moved and downsized and those tools are no longer with me.

I can pay a dealer $24 (my cost for the 10k service) a long time before I recoup the tool costs.
I agree. But not if the full cost for every 10k service is $280. I guess my point was that it's easy enough to DIY, otherwise I'd just pay a tire shop $30 just to rotate the tires.

Reactions: TRP

Awmustang

First Name
Andy
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Performance Pack
Country flag
I agree. But not if the full cost for every 10k service is $280. I guess my point was that it's easy enough to DIY, otherwise I'd just pay a tire shop $30 just to rotate the tires.
I got the impression that he has $250 in credits of which he only used $30 for this service. Thus leaving him with $220 in credits for the future.

gafear

Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER
Country flag
If you skip the services in the dealership, does it affect the warranty? I don't want to pay $280 for a tire rotation..

TRP

First Name
Tim
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
If you skip the services in the dealership, does it affect the warranty? I don't want to pay $280 for a tire rotation..
You can do your own service, just keep records. They would have to prove you did something wrong to deny a claim.

Also, it does not cost $280 for the 10k service. Mine cost $23.72

Nemy

Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue Mach-E
Country flag
Also, it does not cost $280 for the 10k service. Mine cost $23.72
Ah that makes a big difference. At $24 an inspection and rotation is worth it. So hopefully that was the case for OP.

Advertisement

Advertisement