Strange recent behavior related to CarPlay audio output

nj-mache1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE Iconic Silver
Country flag
I have a '21 Job 2 GTPE in EA that updated to 6.8.0 + unnamed update yesterday, but for the last week or so I have been encountering issues with audio output from CarPlay.

Previously, if I was listening to FM radio, a long press of the voice command button would stop the FM radio output and have the Siri "bing" sound play through the car's speakers. Similarly, pressing on text message notifications would stop radio output and read out the text message.

Now, if I am listening to FM radio, a long press of the voice command button only has the Siri sound play through my phone's speaker, with FM radio output continuing through the car's speakers. Pressing on text message notifications does not stop radio output, and the text message is read from my phone. Perhaps most frustratingly, trying to send a text message through Siri now picks up the audio output playing from the car's speakers and Siri will transcribe what's being said on the radio!

If I try playing music from CarPlay, the sound comes through the car's speakers and all of the Siri functions and text messages work as they used to (i.e., pausing the music, playing Siri/text message output out of the car's speakers). But the moment I flip back to FM radio, this strange behavior happens again.

Has anyone else noticed this?
Sponsored

AliRafiee

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT - Grabber Blue
Occupation
Software Eng.
Country flag
Did a Sync reboot help?
Did rebooting the phone help?

OP
OP

nj-mache1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for the suggestions!

I did try a Sync reboot yesterday, same behavior.

Haven't tried rebooting the phone yet, though I just did an iOS update this morning. Will try again on my commute home and report back.

OP
OP

nj-mache1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
iOS reboot seems to have done the truck. Behavior has returned to how it was before. Thanks again!
Sponsored