GrantK

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Select AWD
Country flag
GrantK: Does the amber light still work indicating a car is in the blind spot area?
Yes it does and has a similar size/ brightness. I always thought the OEM mirror light was a bit small/dull, I’m sure there is an opportunity for a clearer spot if Suma is reading this.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Suma Performance

Suma Performance

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Yes it does and has a similar size/ brightness. I always thought the OEM mirror light was a bit small/dull, I’m sure there is an opportunity for a clearer spot if Suma is reading this.
Thanks for the feedback. We can but we make our products based OEM design since it's preferred by most of the customers.

Motomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW GLI, 4Runner
Country flag
If you have a blind spot between you rear view mirror and your external mirros it's because the external mirrors are not properly adjusted. This from The Car Talk Guys:
"
For years, we'd been setting our side-view mirrors so that they gave us a view of the back corner of our cars. This is the way it's been done for generations - from grandfather, to father, to us! But we finally discovered something very interesting. The back corner of the car never moves. It always stays in the same exact place. So there's really no reason to keep an eye on it.

By moving the side mirrors farther out, you can line up all three of your mirrors so they have minimal overlap -- and you can see everything behind you and beside you."

Note I tried to insert a link to their web site (https://www.cartalk.com/content/avoiding-blind-spot-5) but the forum keeps changing it back to this thread.
As a motorcycle rider in California, I strongly dislike the idea of moving your mirrors out instead of keeping a sliver of vision to the rear. That sliver allows you to see motorcycles that are splitting lanes. Your center rear view mirror cannot see past the car behind out.

OP
OP
Suma Performance

Suma Performance

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
As a motorcycle rider in California, I strongly dislike the idea of moving your mirrors out instead of keeping a sliver of vision to the rear. That sliver allows you to see motorcycles that are splitting lanes. Your center rear view mirror cannot see past the car behind out.
good perspective.

KlueBat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E AWD Premium, 2021 Mustang GT
Country flag
There should still be some overlap in the coverage of your rear view mirror and your wing mirrors, just not very much and the side of your car does not need to be visible in your mirrors. This article describes it better.

Ride safe out there my friend, because a lot of folks out there are not going to see you, regardless of how well their mirrors may be adjusted.

hepidy

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
When was the last time you almost hit a car because you didn't see the car in your blind spot?

Suma Performance mirrors are full convex mirrors reducing your car's blind spot and enhancing your driving experience and safety.

★★★★★ 983+
Happy Customers

Reviews (link)

"Man! What an upgrade the Suma Performance mirrors... Not only are they the simplest mod to install, but they are easily the most useful and beneficial one to date. These mirrors are exactly what should have come OEM. They eliminate the terrible blind spot.... [it] has in between where the BLIS system and the OEM mirror loses sight of the car next to you. You can see the whole world with these mirrors!" Tyler K.

5% off Member Discount "MACHE5OFF"
www.sumaperformance.com

See what the hype is about!
Click to see why customers love us!

I still have to look over my shoulders changing lanes lol…..1995 drivers ed.

OP
OP
Suma Performance

Suma Performance

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
“Love these mirrors! The original mirrors are small and hard to see out of IMO, but the Suma mirrors really don’t feel like they are small with the wide angle that they portray...

The blind spot and defroster work flawlessly and installation was a breeze. Thanks Suma performance!” - Jonathan C.

OP
OP
Suma Performance

Suma Performance

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
“Love these mirrors! The original mirrors are small and hard to see out of IMO, but the Suma mirrors really don’t feel like they are small with the wide angle that they portray...

The blind spot and defroster work flawlessly and installation was a breeze. Thanks Suma performance!” - Jonathan C.

ShaggySS

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium RWD
Occupation
IT Nerd
Country flag
I like the idea of these but the mixed reviews about it darkening the view is concerning, but the brand logo at the bottom of the mirror as petty as it sounds is a major turn off for me.