Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
It's a replacement, not double-sided stick tape. We didn't have a Mache E to do an installation video but here is a customer video. Although it's a different car, the installation is the same.

What about the exposed connectors for the heating element? The OEM mirror seems to give that area some protection.

ReverendPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Premium, 2018 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
I recently replaced my stock mirrors with the Suma ones on my MME. If you're looking for video of how to do it on a Mach-E, the EV-Vida folks have a couple videos showing it. A couple minutes into this video might be helpful

I used a little scope that hooks up to my iPad, and has a light on the end, to scout out both the top clip locations (total of 4 clips in two pairs), and was able to use a small tool with an angled end (similar to the one in the video, but shorter and with a 45 degree tip instead of a 90 degree one) to release the top clips, and then you can get the bottom clips to pop right off. I was able to do it without breaking any of the tabs on the OEM mirrors, but people have had some problems with that. It's not the end of the world unless you want to re-install your OEM mirrors at some point... Attaching the wires is simple, with one plug, and two individual wire clips, and the mirrors just snap into place where the old ones were.

It's a little tricky to get both pairs of clips to release. I started with the two clips at the top inner corners, and then, while holding outward pressure on that corner of the mirror so that those clips don't re-engage, you can manipulate the mirror so that you can get to the top outer corner clips. It would be helpful to have 3 hands! But it's not too bad, once you figure out what you're doing. The first mirror took me about 20 minutes to get removed, but the other one only took about 5 minutes.

I like the mirrors. I do notice that they're a bit darker than the OEM mirrors, and I do get a little more reflection off of the window trim, possibly because of the slight darkening. But they look great and really give me a much better sense of where everything is at in relation to the car. They're more fish-eyed with close up stuff, so like when I'm backing out of my garage, it took a little getting used to spotting my location compared to the edge of my garage door opening, since I park very close to the edge. But they make up for that with how nice they are on the road. The blind spot indicators and the heating seem to work just fine.

OP
OP
Suma Performance

Suma Performance

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
I recently replaced my stock mirrors with the Suma ones on my MME. If you're looking for video of how to do it on a Mach-E, the EV-Vida folks have a couple videos showing it. A couple minutes into this video might be helpful

I used a little scope that hooks up to my iPad, and has a light on the end, to scout out both the top clip locations (total of 4 clips in two pairs), and was able to use a small tool with an angled end (similar to the one in the video, but shorter and with a 45 degree tip instead of a 90 degree one) to release the top clips, and then you can get the bottom clips to pop right off. I was able to do it without breaking any of the tabs on the OEM mirrors, but people have had some problems with that. It's not the end of the world unless you want to re-install your OEM mirrors at some point... Attaching the wires is simple, with one plug, and two individual wire clips, and the mirrors just snap into place where the old ones were.

It's a little tricky to get both pairs of clips to release. I started with the two clips at the top inner corners, and then, while holding outward pressure on that corner of the mirror so that those clips don't re-engage, you can manipulate the mirror so that you can get to the top outer corner clips. It would be helpful to have 3 hands! But it's not too bad, once you figure out what you're doing. The first mirror took me about 20 minutes to get removed, but the other one only took about 5 minutes.

I like the mirrors. I do notice that they're a bit darker than the OEM mirrors, and I do get a little more reflection off of the window trim, possibly because of the slight darkening. But they look great and really give me a much better sense of where everything is at in relation to the car. They're more fish-eyed with close up stuff, so like when I'm backing out of my garage, it took a little getting used to spotting my location compared to the edge of my garage door opening, since I park very close to the edge. But they make up for that with how nice they are on the road. The blind spot indicators and the heating seem to work just fine.
Thanks for the detailed review and great YouTube content!

OP
OP
Suma Performance

Suma Performance

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
What about the exposed connectors for the heating element? The OEM mirror seems to give that area some protection.
You won't have any issues with the heater connectors on your SUMA mirrors.