mach-ebert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium FE
Occupation
Technology
Country flag
Not sure what this is and hoping someone can shed some light on it.

I unplugged my car this morning, so I could take my son to school. I had remote started my car and it was nice and toasty. I go to back down our driveway and I notice that my backup camera isn't on. Ok, that's weird, but whatever. I put it into drive and I get a Service Vehicle Soon error and an error that 1-pedal was disabled. Uh oh... I know what this means (I think). Let go of the brake and I just start moving forward. Ok... if 1-pedal is disabled, then sure I guess that makes sense. Get to his school, which is about 1-mile away, and I don't shut my car off in fear that it won't turn back on. I get back in my car and put it in reverse, again moves on its own unless I hold the brake. Put it in Drive and nothing. Pressing the accelerator pedal does nothing. Out of frustration, I floor it. Like magic, the car starts moving forward on its own, albeit a slow ramp up in speed. I drive like that the rest of the way home. I make sure to back up my driveway, in case I'll be calling a tow truck. The backup camera is working again. I shut the car off. Turn it back on and I still have the SVS, but no other warnings. Take the car for a ride around the neighborhood and everything is working as it should. Try flooring it and literally pulls like it always does, no reduced power that I can notice. I go back home and again back it up the driveway. I'm going to let it sit for a while and see if the SVS clears, but has anyone else ran into this?

TL;DR: Got a SVS and 1-pedal warning. Car accelerates by itself. Shut it down and restarted it. SVS remains, but car operates as it should.

Ford Mustang Mach-E SVS and 1-Pedal Disabled Screenshot_20231117-073843
Sponsored

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Definitely odd behavior. Sounds like a trip to the dealership is required to diagnose.

You can try the easy stuff first (sync reset and unplug your 12v for a few min) to see if it resets things.

Sometimes this car acts like an old computer and you just have to hit the power button.

Other times something is really broken.

OP
OP
mach-ebert

mach-ebert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium FE
Occupation
Technology
Country flag
Well, after letting it sit for about an hour and a half, the SVS is no longer showing on my car. It's still present in FordPass though.
Ford Mustang Mach-E SVS and 1-Pedal Disabled 1000000723

AtomicInternet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS, Mach E Premium
Country flag
I had a whole slew of errors pop up when my front camera was fogged up, all went away after it cleared. No SVS or power reduction though.

I feel like sometimes it detects a fault and then decides it's not after more sampling. I have a backup car, so if it was me I'd avoid the dealer unless it comes back consistently. Mostly because I know my dealer is a 2-day minimum event.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Gear shift bug. Don’t try to turn the knob without pressing the brake pedal first. A GSM update is probably available from your dealer.

OP
OP
mach-ebert

mach-ebert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium FE
Occupation
Technology
Country flag
Gear shift bug. Don’t try to turn the knob without pressing the brake pedal first. A GSM update is probably available from your dealer.
Ah... I was in a hurry. Thanks!

I've been waiting to purchase a FDRS license until BC 1.3 was available, but maybe I'll have to go ahead and install updates beforehand. Anything I should avoid installing when I do so? '21 Job 1 currently on 6.1.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
You must do GWM, APIM, and TCU in that order. Then PCM.

BCM then GFM.

Rest the order typically doesn’t matter.

If you don’t have working BlueCruise, then you must follow the updated 21G01 tech procedure I posted to the letter.

OP
OP
mach-ebert

mach-ebert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium FE
Occupation
Technology
Country flag
You must do GWM, APIM, and TCU in that order. Then PCM.

BCM then GFM.

Rest the order typically doesn’t matter.

If you don’t have working BlueCruise, then you must follow the updated 21G01 tech procedure I posted to the letter.
Thanks.

Yeah, my BC works fine currently.