SYNC4A/AA/CarPlay with Multiple Users

WPJoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX
Country flag
Having a very annoying issue - whenever someone in my family uses the car and connects their phone to Android Auto or CarPlay, when I subsequently get into the car I always have problems getting my phone to connect to Android Auto. It takes multiple tried where my phone just wont connect. Eventually (sometimes after many tries, sometimes after needing to turn the car off and on again) my phone will connect to AA, but its really a major inconvenience.
The phone connects to bluetooth right away - its just the AA connection that is problematic each time.

Help? Thanks.
Sponsored

OP
OP

WPJoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX
Country flag
Just to add a little more, I have noticed that sometimes in this situation I get the "Wireless Connection Failed" several times when trying to connect my AA and then eventually it works. Sometimes I dont get that message - nothing happens and I just keep trying until eventually it (hopefully) works.

Skip Towne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4x Premium
Country flag
Hopefully having profiles set up for each driver and each user's phone paired to their profile might help here.

emichnov

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium
Country flag
I have profiles set up for each driver and each user's phone paired to their profile , but I get the exact issue the OP posts about.

The car seems to much prefer to connect to my wife's iPhone than my Android. I sometime will be 4 or 5 minutes from the house and an error messages will pop up saying the car can't connect to my wife's phone still back at the house. If I can project, It genuinely seems resigned to the fact that is needs to go down market and connect to that Android....

OP
OP

WPJoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX
Country flag
Same - profiles are set up for some although not all. Either way, profile or not, it is reluctant to release the last user and let me connect again. Happens with iPhones but also with my son's Pixel.

I just get no response or I get repeated "Wireless Connection Failed" messages after they last used the car...

mu5e

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
I probably have the same issue, using iphone and Android with different profiles. On top of it, PAAk is not working all the time, it might be related, since both use Bluetooth.
I personally stopped relaying on Bluetooth for Android auto I use a cable mostly.
Sponsored