ddr24

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Expedition, 2023 MachE GTPE
Country flag
Ok. I take back what I said above...I don't have to use my rear lift-gate very often for this to annoy the you-know-what out of me.
Sponsored

rhford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium
Country flag
Is anyone getting a resolution to this (hardware fix or software fix)? Ford was very prompt to get in touch with me but they want me to take it into the dealer which is far enough away to be a hassle.

JoeVoorhees

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E
Country flag
Is anyone getting a resolution to this (hardware fix or software fix)? Ford was very prompt to get in touch with me but they want me to take it into the dealer which is far enough away to be a hassle.
Nope... I spoke to my dealer about it when I went to pick up my plates and they said they didn't have a fix for it. That was also a couple of months ago, I was hoping an OTA update would have fixed it by now.

chris1434

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Mach e Premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Nope... I spoke to my dealer about it when I went to pick up my plates and they said they didn't have a fix for it. That was also a couple of months ago, I was hoping an OTA update would have fixed it by now.
Same problem here - 2023 premium. Seems prevalent enough Ford would have fixed this by now.

Chainspell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium 4X, '23 GTPE
Country flag
My 2023 GT also does this, maybe 75% of the time. It now catches me off-guard when it does open all the way on first button press. At first I thought it was a new feature where if I was standing directly in front of the rear camera it would not open (to prevent impact). That doesn't seem to be the case though.

Moxiemoney

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one. Misery loves company! I never force open the liftgate when it doesn't work. Instead, I just push it shut again, and re-hit the button. Sometimes it works on the first re-try, and sometimes it takes me 3-4 times. Come on Ford, do better!

Also, is there a way to disable the annoying da-dong da-dong da-dong sound when I first get in and turn it on? I believe it's the seatbelt warning, and if it is, it's dumb that it's going off before I'm even in drive and moving.

Also just noticed that if you don't have to put the vehicle in 'park' before turning it off. Saves that long and arduous step of manually putting it in park and then turning it of 😁

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Also, is there a way to disable the annoying da-dong da-dong da-dong sound when I first get in and turn it on? I believe it's the seatbelt warning, and if it is, it's dumb that it's going off before I'm even in drive and moving.
Yes, it’s the seatbelt warning. Easy enough to disable: fasten your seatbelt before hitting the Start button😊

(I think I recall reading that there is a parameter that can be changed using FORScan to disable the tone entirely.)

rhford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium
Country flag
We were able to reproduce this at the Ford dealer. Noticed that the issue only occurs when the car is locked. If it's unlocked, the tailgate opens fully. The dealer said they have one other case of this (2023 model with ~3000mi) and they are going to replace a module to see if it helps. The module is backordered, though. If replacing the module helps, they will give me a call.

AnthonyM4X

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Extended Range eAWD
Country flag
I have the same issue, glad to know it’s not just my vehicle. Hopefully we get an OTA fix for it sometime soon.

rhford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium
Country flag
I have the same issue, glad to know it’s not just my vehicle. Hopefully we get an OTA fix for it sometime soon.
@AnthonyM4X , I recommend you register this issue on this forum by messaging "Ford Motor Company" so that they can track the size and statistics of this issue. The more data they have, the quicker they can assess the issue and roll out a resolution to it.

larryk

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium on order
Country flag
We were able to reproduce this at the Ford dealer. Noticed that the issue only occurs when the car is locked. If it's unlocked, the tailgate opens fully. The dealer said they have one other case of this (2023 model with ~3000mi) and they are going to replace a module to see if it helps. The module is backordered, though. If replacing the module helps, they will give me a call.
Same behavior with my 2023 Premium... only opens few inches when the car is locked. Just press the button again and it opens the rest of the way.

MarkP213

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X Premium, Infinite Blue
Country flag
Same behavior with my 2023 Premium... only opens few inches when the car is locked. Just press the button again and it opens the rest of the way.
That happens to me if I accidentally long press the button instead of a quick press. See if that makes a difference on yours. (by long press, I mean a bit longer than a quick press)

Space_Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Premium Mach-E awdX
Country flag
That happens to me if I accidentally long press the button instead of a quick press. See if that makes a difference on yours. (by long press, I mean a bit longer than a quick press)
My 23 Premium also has this problem. It looks like the 23 models are affected and long pressing has nothing to do with it.
Sponsored