The 3rd Episode of Mach-E(zor)GT is Live!

JonathanEzor

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT, Taurus, C-MAX Energi, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag
I've just posted the third episode on my YouTube channel, Mach-E(zor)GT, where I discuss the 5 biggest annoyances of my Mach-E after nearly a year of ownership, including lack of physical controls for frunk and trunk, the "chip shortage" that kept me from having a kick-to-open tailgate (and why it likely wasn't an actual chip shortage but a software decision), and other issues. I shout out to a number of things I've learned here on the forum, so thank you to everyone who has contributed to making our ownership experience that much better. Looking forward to your thoughts and comments, and thanks! {Jonathan}
Sponsored

RKinWA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GTPE AWD Space White Metallic
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I've just posted the third episode on my YouTube channel, Mach-E(zor)GT, where I discuss the 5 biggest annoyances of my Mach-E after nearly a year of ownership, including lack of physical controls for frunk and trunk, the "chip shortage" that kept me from having a kick-to-open tailgate (and why it likely wasn't an actual chip shortage but a software decision), and other issues. I shout out to a number of things I've learned here on the forum, so thank you to everyone who has contributed to making our ownership experience that much better. Looking forward to your thoughts and comments, and thanks! {Jonathan}
Good points in the video, and Happy Anniversary! Before MME, I used to only drive 8-10k miles per year, but in March when I got my first MME, the 21 GT, I put 5k miles on it in 3 months because it's so fun to drive. Now I have switched to my 22 GTPE, I will probably try and drive a little more normally, but probably still put more miles on than a ICE vehicle.

My 21 GT had the kick to open, and while I liked it, it was problematic twice in the first week so I turned it off, sort of glad it isn't on my 22 GTPE. Two other annoyances are the tiny rear wiper blade, first thing I did on both was swap it for a 16", and the lack of charging speed on the display while charging. But you're right, those few things are minor, and I hope they are listening to feedback.

OP
OP
JonathanEzor

JonathanEzor

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT, Taurus, C-MAX Energi, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag
Good points in the video, and Happy Anniversary! Before MME, I used to only drive 8-10k miles per year, but in March when I got my first MME, the 21 GT, I put 5k miles on it in 3 months because it's so fun to drive. Now I have switched to my 22 GTPE, I will probably try and drive a little more normally, but probably still put more miles on than a ICE vehicle.

My 21 GT had the kick to open, and while I liked it, it was problematic twice in the first week so I turned it off, sort of glad it isn't on my 22 GTPE. Two other annoyances are the tiny rear wiper blade, first thing I did on both was swap it for a 16", and the lack of charging speed on the display while charging. But you're right, those few things are minor, and I hope they are listening to feedback.
I never even had to deal with the small wiper, because I'd read about it here, and already had a larger blade ready when my Mach-E came! Thanks! {Jonathan}

hprose

First Name
Harvey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F250 and a Mach-e on order
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
The Frunk opens from the app, from the keypad on the door, with the lever inside the driver door and from the screen in the MME. The rear hatch opens fromnthe app, from the door, from the screen and from the hatch itself. What type of physical control do you want. Maybe I will say “I need that too”. There are so many ways to open the frunk that my wife did it accidentally the other day. I have never used the fob so having on there would be useless for me.

shayna

First Name
niekdoa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
kia picanto
Country flag
Ben's come a long way from the early days where was apprehensive to chip in his input. He's a wealth of knowledge & experience and contributes greatly to this presentation.

192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1

Last edited:

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
The Frunk opens from the app, from the keypad on the door, with the lever inside the driver door and from the screen in the MME. The rear hatch opens fromnthe app, from the door, from the screen and from the hatch itself. What type of physical control do you want. Maybe I will say “I need that too”. There are so many ways to open the frunk that my wife did it accidentally the other day. I have never used the fob so having on there would be useless for me.
I don’t need another button for the frunk, but definitely want one for the rear hatch.

Kinda like every car I’ve ever driven with a rear hatch. Should be next to the headlight switch

. Like every other car with a rear hatch.

When you are sitting in the drivers seat, you shouldn’t have to scroll through a menu on the screen.

And when you’re sitting in the drivers seat and turn the car off, your options are to pull out your phone, pull up the app, scroll, click, and wait

.. or you have to walk around to the back of the car.

A simple physical button (again, like every other car) would fix that.

It’s a minor annoyance, but it happens frequently.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I don’t need another button for the frunk, but definitely want one for the rear hatch.

Kinda like every car I’ve ever driven with a rear hatch. Should be next to the headlight switch

. Like every other car with a rear hatch.

When you are sitting in the drivers seat, you shouldn’t have to scroll through a menu on the screen.

And when you’re sitting in the drivers seat and turn the car off, your options are to pull out your phone, pull up the app, scroll, click, and wait

.. or you have to walk around to the back of the car.

A simple physical button (again, like every other car) would fix that.

It’s a minor annoyance, but it happens frequently.
It is an annoyance not to have a dedicated rear hatch switch like every other Ford (and most other cars) have, however are you aware you can add your own easily? Many members here have done this and some, like myself, have replaced the Max Defrost switch with a liftgate switch from a Bronco or Explorer that fits in the same spot in the headlamp switch assembly. #1, #57

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
It is an annoyance not to have a dedicated rear hatch switch like every other Ford (and most other cars) have, however are you aware you can add your own easily? Many members here have done this and some, like myself, have replaced the Max Defrost switch with a liftgate switch from a Bronco or Explorer that fits in the same spot in the headlamp switch assembly. #1, #57
Yeah I’ve been tempted and saw you did that, I just am not ready to go that far yet for a fix.
Sponsored