Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
No, it has been working perfectly on my rav4 prime for a year and it has been just fine when used with my MME until tonight. it only happens when I unlock and open the door while it is plugged in and in an idle state
Does this happen EVERY TIME you open the door? If that’s the case I’d say there’s a communication problem between your car and the EVSE. Sounds like they don’t end the charge in the way the car is expecting. But as long as it charges to your desired setting…..
Sponsored

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
I'll try to do the same next time I charge. Curious.
Tried it - waited for charging to stop, then opened the door - see all green lights, no problems.
My guess was wrong.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Many many people get the occasional phantom “charge fault” / orange ring lights when ending a charge. It resets. Just a software loop closure not quite closing correctly. Often with fast chargers. Sometimes with level 2. It happens. If it reset, you’re fine.
Check your wires, your EVSE, plug in your RAV4 to rule out problems. But unless it’s happening every time, I would t worry about it.
Yeah this happens with me at EA stations sometimes, not all the time though. When I hit stop charging on the station I get a charge fault notice on the MME.

OP
OP

Twilloo

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach e Select AWD comfort/tech pkg
Occupation
Retired LEO
Country flag
Yeah this happens with me at EA stations sometimes, not all the time though. When I hit stop charging on the station I get a charge fault notice on the MME.
I have heard that also but keep in mind that my cable was plugged in but it was not charging as it had already reached the max I called for. There were no lights and then I opened the door and the charge port light turned amber and started blinking. thanks for your input

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I have heard that also but keep in mind that my cable was plugged in but it was not charging as it had already reached the max I called for. There were no lights and then I opened the door and the charge port light turned amber and started blinking. thanks for your input
It sounds to me like a glitch - as in an erroneous error. I have my car plugged in all the time (she lives outside) in colder weather and get things from the car without an error or issue.

The problem with the charge fault when stopping charging from an EA station is very different - from the car's perspective it just detected a sudden drop in current so thinks something went wrong. For that reason I always stop DCFC charging from the button inside the ring of LEDs.

GETCARTERR

First Name
Carter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Star White Ford Mach-E Premium Awd Long Range
Country flag
OP, ever come to a Solution?

This has happened to me this morning, exact same scenario.
Sponsored