Time for Updated Ford Statement on BlueCruise and Electronic Front Trunk Release?

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
If that is true Ford is going to be in a world of hurt as that opens them up to a lawsuit and I would fully expect to be able to find a few lawyers willing to take as a class action. Every early build would require ford to either have our comes in to the dealer and they install the needed parts or they are giving everyone person a pretty penny in lose value of their cars and get hit with false advertisement.
come on. clearly there is a miscommunication there.

R E L A X

BC will be available on 2021's at some point "soon"
Sponsored

Timelessblur

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD Premium Extend Range RR
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
Ok, I’m only speculating. The hardware could be fine. I’m just trying to speculate on all possible reasons for the delay in deploying BlueCruise, coupled with recent radio silence from Ford. People will recall that earlier on, Ford was quite chatty, with web events, Q&As with members of the design and engineering g team, informative videos, and so on. They seem to have gotten quieter over the past couple of months. I’m sure they’re very busy.
I figured as much but like the early point on is Ford really is long over do with some type of communication. Originally the OTA was supposed to be Q3. They are already late and the lack of them saying anything is annoying.
The fact that current ones being sold GT and non GT have blue cruise and the update while us early adaptors have nothing is making it even worse. The radio silences about the OTA at this point Ford should be getting some heat for it.
Ford could save themselves a lot of pain by just releasing a statement.

OP
OP
Jimrpa

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I figured as much but like the early point on is Ford really is long over do with some type of communication. Originally the OTA was supposed to be Q3. They are already late and the lack of them saying anything is annoying.
The fact that current ones being sold GT and non GT have blue cruise and the update while us early adaptors have nothing is making it even worse. The radio silences about the OTA at this point Ford should be getting some heat for it.
Ford could save themselves a lot of pain by just releasing a statement.
I believe they slipped from Q3 to "fall". In that case they have until mid-December.

Timelessblur

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD Premium Extend Range RR
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
I believe they slipped from Q3 to "fall". In that case they have until mid-December.
Yeah but I am having pretty low hopes at this point on that.

newtruckinfl

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Limited
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
Some people have suggested making it a dealer option to install the bluecruise software. Does anyone know if that would actually be easier than installing it over the air? I have no software aptitude so not sure what the difference would be, but am hoping there is a work around for this delay. In the older sync versions i think they had you use a thumb drive to download from your home computer to the vehicle system, wondering if that could be an option as well.

balby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
With any luck maybe we'll get another 250kwh of free charging for our inconvenience this time next year. ?

I'm still waiting for my first 250kwh that the dealership stole and no one seems to know how to fix.

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
There's a new SSM that talks about the FordPass Frunk button not working. It mentions an expected release of the OTA to enable this feature in late December 2021. If this was brought up as a concern with the dealer, they are expected to follow up in January 2022 to see if you received the update.

The SSM does not explicitly state that the dealer will install it for you, but I wouldn't be surprised if they revise this as the update starts to roll out.
As a manager of a bunch of software engineers (110) I can say with absolute certainty that code is frozen at most companies from Dec 15 to the first week in January. Just too many people on vacation at that time of year to safely put anything into production and have support if it fails.

OP
OP
Jimrpa

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
As a manager of a bunch of software engineers (110) I can say with absolute certainty that code is frozen at most companies from Dec 15 to the first week in January. Just too many people on vacation at that time of year to safely put anything into production and have support if it fails.
LOL not where I work! *cough* healthcare *cough* You don’t decide to kick back, chug eggnog, and play secret Santa for 3 weeks if something important needs to be fixed.

OP
OP
Jimrpa

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Some people have suggested making it a dealer option to install the bluecruise software. Does anyone know if that would actually be easier than installing it over the air? I have no software aptitude so not sure what the difference would be, but am hoping there is a work around for this delay. In the older sync versions i think they had you use a thumb drive to download from your home computer to the vehicle system, wondering if that could be an option as well.
I mentioned it as a possible alternative, along with possible a user download/USB install if they’re having issues with reliable OTA. After thinking about it, I’m not sure the user download/USB install is feasible since most updates appear to require the vehicle to be on a 12V power source during updates.

Jeremy

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium DMG AWD SR
Country flag
Is Bluecruise (when it's activated) included in a Premium? My order form and window sticker clearly state Bluecruise as included. Or does that mean it is Bluecruise "ready" and I'll need to pay the additional subscription to activate it? Is there a free trial?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Is Bluecruise (when it's activated) included in a Premium? My order form and window sticker clearly state Bluecruise as included. Or does that mean it is Bluecruise "ready" and I'll need to pay the additional subscription to activate it? Is there a free trial?
You already paid for 3 years of BlueCruise as part of your purchase price of the car. Before BlueCruise was out, the price of the cars was $600 less.
Sponsored