maxpng

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Popped my right front tire on my drive home from a cross country road trip two states away from home…. Spending a night in a motel because no tire shops were open this afternoon (Labor Day). I have my lease agreement at home so I can’t look this up, anyone know if I’ll be responsible for the payment for swapping out the tire for a new one? The AAA guy who towed me said it can’t be patched because the nail is too close to the tire rim, and I’m planning to go tot he local ford dealership tomorrow AM (that doesn’t seem to sell MachEs)

thanks in advance!
Sponsored

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Ford Options is a purchase not a lease. Doesn't sound like a defect so the tire warranty doesn't apply. You will need to cover the cost yourself (unless you have some other aftermarket roadside insurance plan.. )

Here is to hoping the tire you need is readily available.

OP
OP

maxpng

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Ford Options is a purchase not a lease. Doesn't sound like a defect so the tire warranty doesn't apply. You will need to cover the cost yourself (unless you have some other aftermarket roadside insurance plan.. )

Here is to hoping the tire you need is readily available.
Got it. Thank you!

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
And I’ll add one more thing. If you do decide to return your car at the end of the Ford Options contract, the tires don’t all need to be the exact same brand. But they all do need to be the same size.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Even if you leased the car, you are responsible for replacing the tire.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I can pretty much guarantee the residual value of your MME is going to be higher than the balloon payment when the time comes. I don't think anyone using Options will be surrendering their car to Ford Credit.
Sponsored