Toggle Adaptive CC and Auto Hold while driving?

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
While driving, I'd like to
  • toggle between ACC and CC
    • I frequently drive a 2-mile section of 30mph hilly and wavy residential road. The lane is very wide, and cars parked alongside the road are very far away from the travelling lanes. The road occasionally have wild animals and pedestrians/cyclists. Using CC here is ideal: it allows me to keep my focus on the road and not have to modulate the speed. However, ACC would unexpectedly decelerate due to cars parked on the side of the road. (It's fine if this is challenging for the computer. I understand it.) But I want to fallback to CC on that road.
  • turn on/off Auto Hold
    • I find the Auto Hold in Mach E quite jerky both when coming to a full stop or starting moving again. (Maybe it works better with 1PD, but that's separate topic.) Therefore, I'd like to temporarily turn it off when going through frequent stop signs.
    • Also, unlike other cars I've driven, Auto Hold on Mach E doesn't require a hard push on the brake to engage. As a result, I don't see an easy way to prevent Auto Hold from engaging when coming to a full stop.
Is either one possible on Mach E? I couldn't find any obvious way to do this.

I know that it's possible to toggle lane keep assist and lane centering on/off a steering wheel button. But what about the above two?
Sponsored

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
I don't think either is possible without going through the taps to get to the settings menu on the big screen.

I've found auto hold to be a bit jerky but I wonder if that will smooth out as the brakes wear in.