Markyj

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bmw 435d
Country flag
im planning on trading in my old car when i get the MME. just wondering if dealers have started given you an indication of what price they will give you for your car? Appreciate that it’s six months or so away before we will actually complete the deal but im trying to get my head round when in the process we will have this conversation. To me it’s key and part of the process when agreeing final price. May also determine if I try to sell the car privately instead, which would be better financially, but brings the added hassle of tyre kickers, time wasters etc. Appreciate your thoughts!
Sponsored

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
I would imagine that when it comes to the part of the process where we apply for finance there will be provision to enter your vehicle details and get a valuation. If you wanted to get an idea now I would contact a dealer, look in auto trader or webuyanycar.com. You are correct in saying you would get a better price selling privately but you have the hassle of being there for viewing, probably get time wasters etc. I'm willing to accept a [slightly] lower price to save any issues. I am sure most dealers will give you a decent price against the MME

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
im planning on trading in my old car when i get the MME. just wondering if dealers have started given you an indication of what price they will give you for your car? Appreciate that it’s six months or so away before we will actually complete the deal but im trying to get my head round when in the process we will have this conversation. To me it’s key and part of the process when agreeing final price. May also determine if I try to sell the car privately instead, which would be better financially, but brings the added hassle of tyre kickers, time wasters etc. Appreciate your thoughts!
First check Kelly Blue Book to get an idea of your car’s worth. Then go to CarMax....they’ll give you a quote for your car. Then, see if your dealer will do better. If not, you have a hassle-free alternative. Like you said, it’s early July. We’re looking at late December probably for these cars. You have time.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
I'll be selling or trading in my current when it comes time for Mach-E delivery, but I think it's still a bit too early to be looking at values. I figure once I get notification that my Mach-E has been produced and shipped I'll start looking at values and decide if I want to trade-in or try to sell privately.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
First check Kelly Blue Book to get an idea of your car’s worth. Then go to CarMax....they’ll give you a quote for your car. Then, see if your dealer will do better. If not, you have a hassle-free alternative. Like you said, it’s early July. We’re looking at late December probably for these cars. You have time.
That's basically what I did for my trade during my 2013 purchase. Made stops at CarMax as well as one of the AutoTrader affiliated dealers before heading over to pick up my new car. Both offer a written offer that's good for multiple days. I think there are other options now like Carvana.

Near the end of my Fiesta purchase, I raised the question "What about my trade in?" They scrambled to get me a quote. I don't remember the figure but it was very low.

I said no thanks, pointing out I had at least two better offers. They asked about the best offer, did a quick check in their computer, and then beat it by some small amount.

That worked out well enough for me. We get a sales tax advantage by trading to a car sales business in Arizona (as opposed to private sale), and I didn't need to get the old car back to another place or to deal with other potential buyers.

Fredo

First Name
Fredo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Mazda 3 hatchback
Country flag
I'll be selling or trading in my current when it comes time for Mach-E delivery, but I think it's still a bit too early to be looking at values. I figure once I get notification that my Mach-E has been produced and shipped I'll start looking at values and decide if I want to trade-in or try to sell privately.
Hi Methorian, wait a couple months or closed to your car delivery date to get quote from Carmax/ Carvana, currently their price is pandemically low