Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I just traveled from Columbia, MO to Memphis, TN (December 26-29, 20230 in our 2021 Premium Std Range and have some thoughts. First, the available mileage is around 125 miles per charge. This is actual based on charging from near 0% to 80%. I was typically charging at a 150 kw rated charger and the average kw at the charge was 60. I did use two 350 kw charges and saw 50-80 kw as long as I was below 80%. The temperature was 30-45 degrees F. Some rain and sprinkles about 20% of the time. I charged in Warrenton, MO on Electrify America, Herculaneum at Sapaugh GM (during the day only, they lock up the lot at night), Perryville, MO and Hayti, MO. I also charged in Memphis at the same charger every time. All chargers were working with the exception of the charger at Sapaugh GM in Herculaneum. They locked up their lot at night and you can't get to the chargers. This was the most frustrating part of the trip. We were out of charge and needed to be towed (flatbed) and chose to be dropped at a charger in St. Louis on Lemay Ferry Rd. I believe it's important to call them out for being anti-EV and we should as a group spread the word and not do business with them. We chose to take the Mache primarily as a test of the EV charging network and also to take advantage of the CoPilot 360 capabilities. I must say that we did 95% of the trip in Hands Free mode. That is a game changer for us. I did not have much range anxiety. I went into the trip understanding that we had relatively short intervals between chargers. This was OK and we didn't buy the Mache to take trips in. I did find that we spent 25% of our travel time at chargers. Overall I would say this was a success. The towing happened very quickly or would have caused much more of a headache. I would do it again but Memphis would be my limit and I'd research chargers before the trip.
Sponsored

OP
OP

bttpe

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Oops, posted in wrong forum. Should have put in trips.

elmedico27

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Glad you made it! I’d love to go to Memphis, it’s been forever since I’ve been there, but it looks like a charging desert on PlugShare.

If you happen to do this route again, there’s an EVGo down in that Sapaugh area, at a Commerce Bank. Only 50 kW, but better than nothing. Also, if you top off in St. Louis (which may be the way to go), aim for the one on S. Lindbergh - better amenities there, with a Freddy’s and a Schnucks, vs being stuck behind a furniture store.

OP
OP

bttpe

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Thanks - I would do it again....wish I had extended range that would help a little.

Howard

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Select AWD DMG & '23 Premium RWD ER CG Mach E
Country flag
Glad you had a fairly uneventful trip to Memphis. I live just East of Memphis in Fayette County. Fast chargers are kinda scarce down here right now. There are two Ford dealerships in the area that should get their fast chargers installed and operational this year. These are supposed to be / planned to be available 24/7 which will help. We did a trip at the beginning of December from Memphis to Columbus OH to Kingsport TN (northeast TN) and back to Memphis. We did it in our 23 ER MME; no issues with any of the chargers we used on the trip.

OP
OP

bttpe

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I’m ready for extended range and considered a Lightning but holding off to see if Chevy delivers on 400 mile range in their new truck. I did try to trade my Mache for a Lightning and was shocked at the depreciation.
Sponsored