Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
OLD 2021 Select , NEW 2023 GT...RED !
Occupation
Living the good life
Country flag
Since we're all talking about them ....does anyone know if we're the only ones stuck with this horrible design or are there other hatchbacks that use it?
Every hatchback that Ive ever had used the superior retractable design.Theres a reason for that .The Machs design sucks..

johnnycombo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Hi everyone,
I recently purchased a GT from a guy in Germany, and afterwards I realized the trunk cover was missing (see image). I asked Ford and it seems it would cost around €350 to get it. I saw somewhere on the internet the cover is actually not really functional, so I am curious about other opinions. Is there a better option for this cover or should I get the original cover back?

IMG_3411.jpeg
I've used mine since day one, added rubber o-rings to keep the lid clips in place. Keeps prying eyes from seeing what there is to steal! . Also I removed the lower deck because the support blocks are prone to breaking and used the all weather matt on the bottom level instead, this also gives you more room. 2021 premium 4x

Moxiemoney

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Mine works great. Never had an issue. Easy to pop in or out if I am going to be transporting something that it might interfere with.
Man, I find it a pain in the arse to get the rope loops off the posts on the inside part of the cover connection.

CalGal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premuim AWD; 2020 Mazda Miata,
Country flag
The cover disconnects too easily. I’ve had it blow off one corner just on moderate wind.

I like that it is flexible so that you don’t have to remove it for slightly taller objects.
You can purchase retrofit clips on etsy that keep it securely attached. Game changer!

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Since we're all talking about them ....does anyone know if we're the only ones stuck with this horrible design or are there other hatchbacks that use it?
Every hatchback that Ive ever had used the superior retractable design.Theres a reason for that .The Machs design sucks..
While it’s far from perfect, I like that it’s just there and not something that you need to manually put in place. Perhaps I’m naive, but I think would be thieves are less likely to assume it’s covering something since by design it’s always there.

As for why it’s not a retractable one, my guess is cost and weight.

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Wind??? Inside an EV???(even the MME)
You guys are of course joking.
Pretty sure he means wind while loading/unloading with the hatch open. It is pretty flimsy.

I took mine off. It seemed to always be in the way. I might try the AOSK retractable cover if the reviews are positive.
Sponsored