hellcatpete

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT (on order) , Mach-E RWD ER, SRT Hellcat
Country flag
Planning ahead for the dog crate for transporting our growing Pomsky (3/4 Husky) puppy. Wondering if anyone has the trunk dimensions. She will be going taken to work most days so will need a comfortable crate for the journey.
Sponsored

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
In addition to the thread hybrid2dev mentioned, I know there was another thread back the January timeframe in which the height of the rear opening was also shown.

Last edited:

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It also helps that the floor is sunken a few inches. Even though we lose a ton of height from the low tailgate, there might still be enough for a large-ish dog crate. And as you say, you can always fold one of the rear seats down if needed (although it appears they may not fold completely flat and level with the rear cargo area, which could be a little awkward for a dog crate).

2021-ford-mach-e-rear-hatch-measurements-jpg.jpg

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
(although it appears they may not fold completely flat and level with the rear cargo area, which could be a little awkward for a dog crate).

2021-ford-mach-e-rear-hatch-measurements-jpg.jpg
I think that the tabs on the floor behind the seats are to allow for the "sunken" floor to be raised and provide a level floor when seats are down. Of course, that means forfeiting a bit of sunken space for the level floor.

I would also worry about what the load capability is for the raised floor on the tabs. With a heavy crate and dog, the floor may be bending or bowing in the middle. So it may not be an option to raise it with heavy loads. Hopefully, we have an MME owners manual soon.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I think that the tabs on the floor behind the seats are to allow for the "sunken" floor to be raised and provide a level floor when seats are down. Of course, that means forfeiting a bit of sunken space for the level floor.

I would also worry about what the load capability is for the raised floor on the tabs. With a heavy crate and dog, the floor may be bending or bowing in the middle. So it may not be an option to raise it with heavy loads. Hopefully, we have an MME owners manual soon.
I've noticed that too (the tabs that appear to allow the floor to raise up flush with the tailgate opening). But I'm less sure about that meaning a flush and level transition to the folded-down seats. The few pictures I've seen show it not folding down fully flat. But maybe that was just an early prototype, or it wasn't pushed down all the way. My 2013 Escape, for instance, folds perfectly flat. I would hope the Mach-e would do the same, but with the battery pack in the floor between both axles, maybe that changes things.

ford_mach-e_020.jpg

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
It also helps that the floor is sunken a few inches. Even though we lose a ton of height from the low tailgate, there might still be enough for a large-ish dog crate. And as you say, you can always fold one of the rear seats down if needed (although it appears they may not fold completely flat and level with the rear cargo area, which could be a little awkward for a dog crate).

Ford Mustang Mach-E Trunk/Boot Dimensions for dog crate ford_mach-e_020
THAT'S THE ONE!

Jenma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Sport, Mustang 50yr GT
Country flag
When someone actually puts a dog crate in their car would you please post a picture. I may need to find a demo and try to put my crate in, I have not ordered an MME and won't if the crate doesn't fit

Thanks

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
A 500 crate will definitely not fit. Not sure about a 400. My breed only needs a 200 so I don’t have a problem with that. The shotguns and decoys, they don’t fit LOL. I can probably get the dryer and table in there with the crate.

joshmeister

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Occupation
Information Science
Country flag
Do you think you could fit a dresser or recliner, etc past the gate? e.g. Will I need to start ordering furniture delivery?

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Do you think you could fit a dresser or recliner, etc past the gate? e.g. Will I need to start ordering furniture delivery?
you can fit anything in with the right chainsaw ;)

kidding aside it's hard to answer generically because dressers and recliners both come in ranges of sizes. the best bet is to just look at the measurements above and compare before making the decision. I realize that's not a directly helpful answer, but it's the most honest answer I think.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Normal-shape dresser maybe (with back seats down), but may not be able to lower the liftgate all the way (bring rope or straps to hold the liftgate as low as it'll go).

Recliner, probably only of the back slides off. Many recliners have removable backs now. If not, then I doubt it.

But as Michael said, always measure first.
Sponsored