Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3
Occupation
journalist
Country flag
One of the hooks attached to our 2021 Mach-e rear hatch for holding up the trunk cover snapped off its base as we lightly attached the cover string. Anyone have a similar problem? Only 600 miles on the car, a Premium with AWD and extended battery, which we’re quite happy with otherwise. Not sure yet if this broken hook is covered by the warranty… may have to try gluing the snapped-off piece back on. Any other suggestions would be appreciated!
Sponsored

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
It has not happened to me but sounds like a warranty claim for sure.

imstriker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 Infinite Blue
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Definitely warranty it. I think many of us took that thing off and just stored it. Mine never worked right (would never stay latched). Dealer offered to warranty it but I never bothered.

Nighthawk

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Hi

Mine snapped off too, It is really poorly made and plastic. Did you glue it back or did they repair it under warranty? Also, one of the hooks on the shade snapped off. Does anyone have a link to a replacement?

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag
Is it the cover that was damaged or the attachment to the car? If it the cover, I have one that I will gladly sell you, $40 or OBO, plus you pay for shipping. Let me know. I replaced it the same day I purchased the car with a rolling shade.

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
I have it stored next to my dismantled useless frunk divider.

Nighthawk

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Is it the cover that was damaged or the attachment to the car? If it the cover, I have one that I will gladly sell you, $40 or OBO, plus you pay for shipping. Let me know. I replaced it the same day I purchased the car with a rolling shade.
Unfortunately the attachment to car is broken.

Greg-Car

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Country flag
I’d love to hear more about your rolling shade. Thanks!

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag
I’d love to hear more about your rolling shade. Thanks!
The rolling shade is the one from AOSK which is available on Amazon. More than a few members of the forum have them. Good design and works great. The double sided tape they give you is ok. I replaced it with the 3m mounting tape. This held well but I still found that the front brackets kept coming off so I put a single screw in the front ones and they are now rock solid. I did follow the advise of the forum and used a heat gun to warm the brackets and the tape, which I also recommend.

dajaxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
In case someone else has the same issue and comes across this thread. I got a warranty claim approved for a broken trunk hook that holds the cargo liner. Have about 23,000 miles.
Sponsored