ZombieJester

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach e Premium extended
Country flag
Anyone have any experience with this dealer in relation to MME?

They are my local dealer and provide the pick up/drop off option from Ford. I am looking to get my 30K service/Recall/Blown center speaker taken care of and my modules from FDRS updated. I have had a previous experience with Villa Ford (my home dealer for the car) and Ken Grody Buena Park with not very good service experiences.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Mr9Toes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach E GT
Country flag
I took mine into Tustin Ford and the service guy Christian helped me out last time and was awesome. Claimed a repair part under warranty that San Juan Cap Ford didn't even address at all almost 2 years ago. Id recommend Tustin and asking for Christian.

OP
OP
ZombieJester

ZombieJester

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks! I ended up booking with Tuttle’s because they were offering pickup and delivery. Worked with a guy named Sam Jones. Picking up next Friday to do a recall, csp, blown center speaker, module updates, IPC fix for OTA’s, check 12v capacity and 30k service. It’s a lot and he seemed to be appreciative that I am providing a printed set of instructions. He says it will only take a full day, I don’t buy that but let’s see.

GaryS

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MachE Premium RWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I ordered and purchased my MME from Tuttle Click Irvine and had a great experience. I have not used them yet for any service on my MME. I have used them for service on my Edge IC and have always had good service experiences.

OP
OP
ZombieJester

ZombieJester

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hmm, I've been happy with Ken Grody. Care to share what you didn't like?
I work at Knott’s Berry Farm and my HVJB happened on the 91 and 5 interchange so got towed there. The first service advisor was an older man who upon first meeting said “looks like nothing is wrong except for the water spots on your car”. I asked for a different advisor who challenged me on what was wrong until I provided code proof from my OBD sensor. Once he realized I was tech savvy and in EAP he was fine. It took 4 weeks to get the repair done with little to no communication. Not even my BEV rep could get a hold of him until the day service was done. Picked the car up and none of the modules were updated as requested. Said they ran out of time.

had a worse experience with my home dealership of Villa Ford so hoping this next round goes good. I’m coming up on 2 years and deciding if I want to keep it or turn it in for a 23.5 or 24.

Chrisbriding

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
I work at Knott’s Berry Farm and my HVJB happened on the 91 and 5 interchange so got towed there. The first service advisor was an older man who upon first meeting said “looks like nothing is wrong except for the water spots on your car”. I asked for a different advisor who challenged me on what was wrong until I provided code proof from my OBD sensor. Once he realized I was tech savvy and in EAP he was fine. It took 4 weeks to get the repair done with little to no communication. Not even my BEV rep could get a hold of him until the day service was done. Picked the car up and none of the modules were updated as requested. Said they ran out of time.

had a worse experience with my home dealership of Villa Ford so hoping this next round goes good. I’m coming up on 2 years and deciding if I want to keep it or turn it in for a 23.5 or 24.
Good to know, I'll have that in my hip pocket if needed. So far, granted I've only been in for a single servicing, they've been good.

Tuckerset

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach - E GT Performance
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
Anyone have any experience with this dealer in relation to MME?

They are my local dealer and provide the pick up/drop off option from Ford. I am looking to get my 30K service/Recall/Blown center speaker taken care of and my modules from FDRS updated. I have had a previous experience with Villa Ford (my home dealer for the car) and Ken Grody Buena Park with not very good service experiences.

Thanks!
I used Tuttle/Click this week. I needed to have some minor things addressed as well as to have my OTA updates checked. The process seemed fairly smooth - with the Lyft pickup and drop off. I am not sure they solved my lift gate issue, but I plan to use them again. BTW, my car is a very new 2023 with only 2,000 miles so I am not sure this will be very helpful to you.

OP
OP
ZombieJester

ZombieJester

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I used Tuttle/Click this week. I needed to have some minor things addressed as well as to have my OTA updates checked. The process seemed fairly smooth - with the Lyft pickup and drop off. I am not sure they solved my lift gate issue, but I plan to use them again. BTW, my car is a very new 2023 with only 2,000 miles so I am not sure this will be very helpful to you.
thanks for sharing!

OP
OP
ZombieJester

ZombieJester

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Update 1:

car was picked up this morning. I provided a paper list of software issues. Pick up process was smooth.

just got a call from my service advisor. I will likely have to pay out of pocket for any module updates because “it takes a lot of time” which I find to be BS. Half of the services I described to the service booking agent were not transferred to the advisor so that took an additional follow up call.

HVJB/CSP’s are backed up so delayed finish will be end of next week. My advisor Savannah was very nice but so far this is going the way of another interesting dealership experience.

I will update this thread as things go forward.

FordMachEGo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium AWDx April 2021 build.
Country flag
I've used them on at least 3 occasions, OTAs stuck at 1.7.1 issue, roof and windshield recall and HVBJB recall as well as a few minor issues. In all cases they did an exemplary job. They now apparently have 2 EV technicians and they seem to be very knowledgeable. I have not used their pickup service but was able to get a loaner for the two recalls with no problems. In all cases my car was retuned without evidence of them working on it including not losing any vanity cover clips under the hood. I would highly recommend them.

OP
OP
ZombieJester

ZombieJester

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I've used them on at least 3 occasions, OTAs stuck at 1.7.1 issue, roof and windshield recall and HVBJB recall as well as a few minor issues. In all cases they did an exemplary job. They now apparently have 2 EV technicians and they seem to be very knowledgeable. I have not used their pickup service but was able to get a loaner for the two recalls with no problems. In all cases my car was retuned without evidence of them working on it including not losing any vanity cover clips under the hood. I would highly recommend them.
Great to hear a positive experience. I hope mine is the same as they are 5 mins from my house.

this was my first time using the new valet service. Despite the communication issues on services needed, it’s a very good option to have.

I haven’t asked about loaners because they expect the HVJB recall/CSP work to be done by end of next week but will ask if it goes longer.

thanks for writing your experience!

OP
OP
ZombieJester

ZombieJester

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Update 2:

heard from my SA today that the IPC update failures were due to a 12v capacity problem. They put a new LVB in (2nd in 2 years) and confirmed the IPC was up to date. B&O center speaker is repaired and just waiting on the recalls/csp to be done.

They are refusing to update the modules in FDRS with the following reasoning.

“they are all set to factory settings and updating them could mess them up and the car” but

I don’t buy that at all as people update via FDRS on their own but I’ve given up that fight. Tried with 3 dealers now.

hope to have the car back by the end of the week. No loaners available but “you can go to Enterprise down the street” 🙄

OP
OP
ZombieJester

ZombieJester

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Final update:

Total time: 1 week
Services: HVJB recall, charge cord CSP, replaced 12v due to failure that was causing OTA issues, replace center speaker, and 30k mile service.

Services not provided:
Dealer unwilling to update modules in FDRS

Advisor: Savannah using the new pick up and delivery program.

Overall:
An overall good experience. Everything was done via text message except for one phone to answer additional questions. Pickup and delivery was a good experience despite them being an hour late on delivery. They asked if I wanted a wash when they picked up but the car wasn’t washed. That’s possibly due to the storm tomorrow anyways. Frustrated about not wanting to do the modules but I get it. They aren’t paid to do it unless there is something wrong. That’s all on Ford. Didn’t pay anything as I used my points for the service. I would use this dealer again. I’m at 2 years on my lease and will likely turn it on early to lease a 23.5 soon with the new pricing.
Sponsored