JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
What delays between CarPlay and Bluetooth? I thought CarPlay was exclusively Wi-Fi for everything?
Carplay and BT cant be used at the same time as far as I know. So if you want to disconnect Carplay and go BT, you have to go to settings and select BT and it will give you option connect a phone and then the connection part has never been quick for me. Same with connecting to Carplay after BT - it takes a while for me.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jimrpa

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Carplay and BT cant be used at the same time as far as I know. So if you want to disconnect Carplay and go BT, you have to go to settings and select BT and it will give you option connect a phone and then the connection part has never been quick for me. Same with connecting to Carplay after BT - it takes a while for me.
Just curious - why are you doing this (switching between BT and CP? Why not just stay on one?

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Just curious - why are you doing this (switching between BT and CP? Why not just stay on one?
I dont change that much - I usually stay on blue tooth - except in some situations like my passengers want to use my phone's spotify to stream what they like or when a quick carplay based directions is faster than dealing with Sync Nav. 90% of the time otherwise I am on BT and not carplay.

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
For me, I use Carplay, but my wife just uses Bluetooth for her phone, so the two tiles are always there because of recent use when we switch drivers.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
When my nav/gps went completely off course yesterday for ½ the trip, CarPlay was very helpful locating chargers etc. I'm assuming once they get some of the underlying bugs fixed with the system some of the interface quirks will be worked out when using multiple apps etc.
Sponsored