julianm

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2
Country flag
Is there anything available that’s similar to the CR-V’s trunk shelf? Basically add another tier of storage above, in addition to the storage hidden below.

This was handy when grabbing groceries or just hauling a bunch of smaller things. Folded in the middle to get access without having to lift the whole thing.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Two-tier trunk shelf 1670175964379
Sponsored

lestat_de_leon

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GTPE
Occupation
Financial System consultant senior
Country flag
This would be great.

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
I've looked at a lot of MME accessories and not seen anything like this. The MME doesn't have anything on the sides to mate with such a shelf, so not sure what you're envisioning...? (That said, it would be nice to have something like it.)

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
yeah, it might include some drilling for something like this to install on a Mach E
I considered pinging you but recalled that you try to keep your mods drill-free…

But even if one were to mount receivers on the sides, as you know the cargo area in the MME actually gets narrower at the top, so a folding shelf like on the Honda isn’t really feasible (at least not in an elegant way). But happily it does lend itself to additional lighting…
Ford Mustang Mach-E Two-tier trunk shelf 24ACAF93-C091-4A0D-B151-46286ED115B3

AOSK

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E select
Country flag
I considered pinging you but recalled that you try to keep your mods drill-free…

But even if one were to mount receivers on the sides, as you know the cargo area in the MME actually gets narrower at the top, so a folding shelf like on the Honda isn’t really feasible (at least not in an elegant way). But happily it does lend itself to additional lighting…
Ford Mustang Mach-E Two-tier trunk shelf 24ACAF93-C091-4A0D-B151-46286ED115B3
haha yes, we try to avoid any drilling, I wouldnt want to drill any hole on an expensive car.

But a retractable cargo cover could probably achieve part of the goal here, the top of the cargo cover could load some light weight item on it.

agdad

Banned
Banned
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ford Edge
Country flag
If it like the sliding cover that came on my EDGE SPORT........a basketball will substantially collapse ir
Sponsored