(un)Stuck at 6.1.0 - 2021 Only

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Just got back from a week of vacay, got 6.1 on fist drive,21J2 GTPE, non EAP. I’ll consider myself stuck in a month if no further OTAs.
When did you get 5.1? Or did you?
Sponsored

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have the same thing happening. I reported the problem with Connected Services breaking after the 5.1.1 update and this actually resulted in the 5.1.1 roll-out getting paused until they could work out why some cars were losing Connected Services after that update.

I got the 6.1.0 (Gateway) module update ... and I thought it went well (Connected Services was working) and then a few days later it wasn't ... and then a day later it was again. And as of yesterday it's broken again.

I was trying to figure out if something was trying to push an OTA (e.g. 6.2) and having the Gateway module crash in the process?? I honestly don't know why Connected Services is going up and down -- but it isn't current stable.
That is how Ford tech works it does random sh!t and is not consistent. The same procedure can equal different outcomes. This is designed into the system to keep you trying. It also only happens to the select few if you are lucky. ;)

I mainly want the “Drive Mode Not Available” bug to go away. It is still there with 6.1.0. Blue cruise is cool, but I don’t use it enough to get too worked up about it.
Me too I could care less about a frunk button or a BCHF update and would like my L2 charging speed back. One of the lucky few on that but good on drive mode 🤷‍♂️

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
aka: Stuck 😁
Not really. Cars have been stuck on old versions before. In my mind, that means that Ford has released updates for the car, but the car can't (or won't) install them for some reason. In this case, Ford hasn't released the updates for 2021 cars yet, so nothing is really "stuck".

OP
OP
mpshizzle

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
Not really. Cars have been stuck on old versions before. In my mind, that means that Ford has released updates for the car, but the car can't (or won't) install them for some reason. In this case, Ford hasn't released the updates for 2021 cars yet, so nothing is really "stuck".
Respectfully Disagree -

I the case of 1.7.1, cars were physically unable to receive updates. The updates were out in the wild and every other Mach E was getting them. But a group of cars was left behind. The car itself was causing the "stuck" condition.

This time around Ford is being more proactive. They've found a problem that prevents the software from updating/running correctly on our 2021 vehicles. Rather than send us that update, they've halted us. The software is out there, and available to the general public for every other build of Mach E.

The only difference is (at least as far as we know) the car still is able to receive an update this time. But we held back from an update that every other Mach E owner gets. So the end result is the same. We are stuck at 6.1.0

Good news though: since us being stuck is on purpose on Ford's part hopefully that means we can get back on the update train sooner

OP
OP
mpshizzle

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
Really? It's available and installed on every 2022 and 2023 Mach-E? I respectfully disagree.
That's not what I said.

I said:
The software is out there, and available to the general public for every other build of Mach E.
Meaning a selection of cars with build dates throughout 2022-2023 have all gotten the update - proving they all CAN get the update.

What I didn't say is that every VIN has gotten it.

Meanwhile not even a single 2021 model has gotten it OTA.

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E (un)Stuck at 6.1.0 - 2021 Only 1698070536945

I'm not Stuck, I'm just waiting on an OTA!

OP
OP
mpshizzle

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
Really? It's available and installed on every 2022 and 2023 Mach-E? I respectfully disagree.
In any case I'm not interested in starting a fight over symantics.

The truth of the matter is, the word Stuck was a very purposeful decision. In my mind that's really the same as "Held Back at 6.1.0 - 2021 Only". The reason I specifically chose the word Stuck is because I created this thread with ulterior motives.

I did, indeed want a place to discuss this issue specifically rather than scattered throughout other threads. But I also wanted a more impactful headline. Ford is watching these threads. And this headline is a very clear reminder to them that a significant portion of owners are aware of what's happening. Hopefully putting some pressure on them to fix, rather than sweep under the rug and hope nobody notices until a later date

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
Stuck is an inappropriate term in this thread. No one with a 2021 is stuck at 6.1. They’re on hold 6.2 will eventually be pushed to our cars
Given that 6.2 will get pushed out, is it therefore stuck or on hold. Like my car is on hold in the mud?

or in your case people say we’re stuck on this plane, where you would say it’s okay we’re in a holding pattern?

😊

At least it’s not like being stuck on 1.61. That was real stuck and needed the engineers hammer.

maybe stuck is the right word as it rhymes with ……. Frunk. Coming soon, or sometime on a 2021.

Last edited:

thekat03

First Name
Kat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-E CR-1, 2022 Volvo C40
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
It seems like there is someone with behind the scenes knowledge who confirmed that the 2021 cars are not yet able to get 6.2.0, and that it's explicitly on hold for those cars. Meanwhile, lots of 2022 and 2023 cars, mine included, just haven't been offered it because our wave has not come yet. I cannot confirm this, since I don't know anyone who works at Ford or otherwise has insider knowledge, but I don't see a point in arguing with those who know someone but aren't naming them. It doesn't really matter. I will just keep driving my car and checking when I get home to see if anything is downloading.

dsheib

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD SR, Ducati Multistrada 1200S
Country flag
I have the same thing happening. I reported the problem with Connected Services breaking after the 5.1.1 update and this actually resulted in the 5.1.1 roll-out getting paused until they could work out why some cars were losing Connected Services after that update.

I got the 6.1.0 (Gateway) module update ... and I thought it went well (Connected Services was working) and then a few days later it wasn't ... and then a day later it was again. And as of yesterday it's broken again.

I was trying to figure out if something was trying to push an OTA (e.g. 6.2) and having the Gateway module crash in the process?? I honestly don't know why Connected Services is going up and down -- but it isn't current stable.
I've got the same issue as well, Connected Services will stop working for a couple of days and then magically start working again. I didn't notice exactly when it started but it was probably around when I got 5.1.1 in mid-August. When it stops working, the vehicle connected icon at the top of the main screen disappears and the Connected Services list won't populate. Interestingly, traffic continues to work in Navigation so that must be a different connection.
I've tried restarting the car on a few occasions to see if the connection would reappear but it hasn't, when it does come back, it's always been after sitting overnight. I got the 6.1.0 update on October 1 and I'd say the car has had no connection about 50% of the time since then. I'm glad to hear that this is happening to others, I was thinking that the car's modem might have been on its way out.

OP
OP
mpshizzle

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
I've got the same issue as well, Connected Services will stop working for a couple of days and then magically start working again. I didn't notice exactly when it started but it was probably around when I got 5.1.1 in mid-August. When it stops working, the vehicle connected icon at the top of the main screen disappears and the Connected Services list won't populate. Interestingly, traffic continues to work in Navigation so that must be a different connection.
I've tried restarting the car on a few occasions to see if the connection would reappear but it hasn't, when it does come back, it's always been after sitting overnight. I got the 6.1.0 update on October 1 and I'd say the car has had no connection about 50% of the time since then. I'm glad to hear that this is happening to others, I was thinking that the car's modem might have been on its way out.
I could be wrong, but I'm fairly sure that this is nothing more than a UI bug. Connected navigation, the Ford Pass app, and blue Cruise hands free are all considered to be connected services. At least on my car when the connected services menu isn't loading all of those things continue to work normally, indicating that connected services is in fact on and working.
Sponsored