Don_23805

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline, Prem MME DMG AWD Ex Batt
Country flag
Mine updated this morning after pushing the Update Now button and I did not lock the doors, that should not be required. It simply told me to turn the car off before it would start the update. Took a ride on my mountain bike and when I returned it had updated, less than an hour later.
So now I have to get a mountain bike ;=)
When dealer kept my car overnight, I had to request a ride home. "nobody told me when I bought this that I'd have to have a wife" !

OP
OP

Don_23805

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You may not be doing anything wrong per se.....it might be that your car isn't ready to receive an update. There might be active DTCs or low battery charge or any number of other things that might not allow the OTA to execute.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/22s41-22s29-recall-ota-software-are-out.19436/post-481142

Maybe you can try setting a schedule for overnight? That seems to work better IMO...
Looks like manual update failed. looks like same list of updates, althought, as someone noted, the new update will let you check more than one day. It now lets me check them all. I did that and scheduled an update for 14:00. Will see !

OP
OP

Don_23805

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Apparently the Scheduled Update worked (although it set off the security alarm four times while the screen said Updating). After the Updating screen went blank, I got in and it showed a little download icon with a checkmark. The only other strange thing (so far) is that I set the update for 2PM and after the update the scheduled every day update time went back to 2AM.
Hopefully some of this made the touch screen more responsive. Previously the only thing that seemed to be istantaneous was turning on the FM radio.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Apparently the Scheduled Update worked (although it set off the security alarm four times while the screen said Updating). After the Updating screen went blank, I got in and it showed a little download icon with a checkmark. The only other strange thing (so far) is that I set the update for 2PM and after the update the scheduled every day update time went back to 2AM.
Hopefully some of this made the touch screen more responsive. Previously the only thing that seemed to be istantaneous was turning on the FM radio.
These cars get extra glitchy after some of these updates. Equally strange, those glitches seem to taper off or vanish completely after a short while. I can't even count how many features were affected by various updates....dozens and dozens. At first I got all worked up about it because I assumed I was stuck with a broken feature forever or at least until another OTA came along to fix what was just broke.

But now I take a breath and wait a few days because the affected feature normally resumes normal operation by that time. Every once in a while it takes a few weeks but it is normally much quicker than that.

Give it 24hrs and you should be back to normal (or at least as normal as possible...) 👍

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
I don't mean to highjack the thread, but how do you get the text that the doors locked?
In your car's settings if you have the "walk away lock" toggle switch active; it will text you through Ford Pass App. I think it may be the one thing on my MME that has been rock solid since day one of ownership. Hope that helps.

OP
OP

Don_23805

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So THAT’S how I did it ;) !

Still would like to see something similar to a website’s SITE MAP showing where all the MME‘s menu items are

Brad R

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Motion picture editor
Country flag
I had the same problem with this update. I've always had automatic updates on but never set specific times and have received all OTAs to date, but it seemed I would get notification of an update while I was out and about, not at home. Got the Recall Notice in the mail that said to schedule a time, so I set it to 8:30pm every day. The "update available" notice appeared in the car a few days later. After the first scheduled install, the next morning FP had a message saying install failed and was rescheduled. Thought I'd try a manual update and it said "Preparing Update" on screen, but ultimately failed. Five days later - five failed scheduled updates and five failed attempts at manual updates.

This morning, another scheduled update failure. Thinking that maybe the LVB needed to be in a higher state of charge, my plan was to put it on the maintainer for the day and try again tonight. But then I had a wacky thought! I remembered that way back when cell phones first made their appearance the area under our carport was a bit of a dead spot. One bar was the norm, and breakup or disconnection was typical. Also, the car radio had poor reception when sitting under the carport. Both cleared up simply by moving out to the end of the driveway. That was decades (!) ago, and cellular coverage has improved, although I still am down a bar under the carport, and the Mach E is connected to our WiFi. You can probably see where this is going. And it probably has absolutely nothing to do with solving the problem, but... I moved the car out to the end of the driveway and initiated another manual install. Success!
Sponsored