runtiderun

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 MME Premium
Country flag
So I bought a 2021 Job 1 MME Premium, and about 48 hours after buying it the front USB ports went out and I started getting all sorts of parking/sensor errors. I was able to successfully use the auto-park assist once to back into a space, but about 3 hours later the errors started showing up. Took it to the dealership where they said it would all be resolved by software updates (which I questioned), and they were looking into it. After 48 hours, they said I needed a new APIM because no updates were able to be completed; however, the parts distributor wouldn't send them a new APIM because they were waiting on "programming from Ford."

So, after reading several threads in the forums, I feel like the dealer got distracted by the fact that no updates would complete and that a new APIM was needed and forgot about the USB ports and parking sensors. The three sensor errors I see are reverse braking assist, parking aid fault, and the left front sensor shows as blocked. Other than those two issues, the car runs fine.

Anyone have a similar experience, and if so can you share if this is all likely tied back to a bad APIM, like the dealer said? And should it be this difficult to get a new one?
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
So I bought a 2021 Job 1 MME Premium, and about 48 hours after buying it the front USB ports went out and I started getting all sorts of parking/sensor errors. I was able to successfully use the auto-park assist once to back into a space, but about 3 hours later the errors started showing up. Took it to the dealership where they said it would all be resolved by software updates (which I questioned), and they were looking into it. After 48 hours, they said I needed a new APIM because no updates were able to be completed; however, the parts distributor wouldn't send them a new APIM because they were waiting on "programming from Ford."

So, after reading several threads in the forums, I feel like the dealer got distracted by the fact that no updates would complete and that a new APIM was needed and forgot about the USB ports and parking sensors. The three sensor errors I see are reverse braking assist, parking aid fault, and the left front sensor shows as blocked. Other than those two issues, the car runs fine.

Anyone have a similar experience, and if so can you share if this is all likely tied back to a bad APIM, like the dealer said? And should it be this difficult to get a new one?
Good afternoon. Could you privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer so I can look into this usb concern? Thank you!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
I just had my ‘23 select in for these same issues. They replaced the APIM and now the USB ports work again.

But the front sensors, they tell me, will have to be fixed with an OTA update ‘sometime in March’.

What ended up being Solution for the fault in the sensors?
Sponsored