Jieyu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e RWD extended
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
My 2022 Mache's USB port doesn't charge phone. I tried two cables (usb/usb-c), and they don't work (they work fine at home). Is there a way to troubleshoot it?
Sponsored

orangethunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
On order
Country flag
Are the blue lights on the ports lit up? Do they provide data to the car? Did you try on another phone?

Possibly a fuse went or some issue dealer needs to check under warranty.

OP
OP

Jieyu You

First Name
Jieyu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e RWD extended
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
No, I don't see any blue lights, neither pixel/iphone gets charged. Seems I need to contact dealer.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
My 2022 Mache's USB port doesn't charge phone. I tried two cables (usb/usb-c), and they don't work (they work fine at home). Is there a way to troubleshoot it?
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.  

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
You should try all of the various USB outlets in the car.

cryptk

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E GTPE, Blazer EV RS (reserved)
Country flag
No, I don't see any blue lights, neither pixel/iphone gets charged. Seems I need to contact dealer.
Have you checked your fuses to see if one popped?

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD Long Range
Country flag
You need to remove the frunk to check that fuse.. :confused:

OP
OP

Jieyu You

First Name
Jieyu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e RWD extended
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Have you checked your fuses to see if one popped?
I don't know which fuse to look into, is there any reference that may help? Thanks!

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
That’s the 12V fuse, USB is powered differently.
I believe the USB is 5A and it's under the hood as well. The service manual I looked at shows it as #52

I don't know which fuse to look into, is there any reference that may help? Thanks!
You would have to access the fuse box which is located under the beauty covers in the frunk. If you don't want to take your car apart then you should probably just bring it in. If you are the do-it-yourself kinda guy then it should be fuse #52 in the fuse box. Here's a video on how to get to it.

Hammered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB F150, MME GTPE
Country flag
I'm 99% sure that the front data USB ports are powered from the APIM directly like the F150s are. It is a USB hub. USB signals are present, but the power is run to that port directly from the APIM. There is no fuse, it's an APIM replacement if power isn't present but it illuminates. Even if you plug in a USB stick, it won't work because APIM's USB power circuit is toast.

If I had a wiring diagram I could know for sure. If anyone has lost one, do PM me.

Teslaeata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red one
Country flag
Not helpful but it’s probably got same disease the wireless charge pad has, that’s shite, too 😂

Snakebitten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E
I'm 99% sure that the front data USB ports are powered from the APIM directly like the F150s are. It is a USB hub. USB signals are present, but the power is run to that port directly from the APIM. There is no fuse, it's an APIM replacement if power isn't present but it illuminates. Even if you plug in a USB stick, it won't work because APIM's USB power circuit is toast.

If I had a wiring diagram I could know for sure. If anyone has lost one, do PM me.
Service manual supports your conclusions

Ford Mustang Mach-E USB port does not charge phone Screenshot_20240416_131043_OneDrive

Ford Mustang Mach-E USB port does not charge phone Screenshot_20240416_131259_OneDrive