Wildthing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
Is there an option to preheat the seats and steering wheel in the remote start setup? Because I don't see those options in the "departure and comfort" page.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Video: Navigating through Mach-E SYNC 4A screens, menus, options, features Remote start.JPG
Sponsored

Zandje

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Passat GTE, MME AWD TP+ Lucid Red (2021)
Country flag
I hope it is intelligent enough to deal with the complex dutch highway situation (but I am afraid not).
Ford Mustang Mach-E Video: Navigating through Mach-E SYNC 4A screens, menus, options, features signs

OP
OP
trutolife27

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
It kind of makes you wonder if maybe Tesla has the right idea about firing the marketing department. Between the absolute mess that is the Mach-drop and the complete lack of any useful or consistent information, I'm not really sure Ford is better off with theirs.
I get your point. But the vehicle is just now getting to the dealerships. With covid, a lot of the workers who would be around doing showing and giving out info have to work from home. Some states even had banned from going state to state for work.

There were special classes that certain ford workers had to go to with dealership people that had to be cancelled because of covid.
74% of new vehicle models have been delayed from covid 6 months or more. Ford announced they lost 10 weeks from covid on the mache. Here ford is grinding and trying to make up all the time.

Elon sent his workers back to work said screw covid. He knew he couldn't afford to get way behind and sent out some really bad first model y.

This whole process or order and buy are a first for ford and with covid, well it just turned things up to a whole new level. I agree things could have been done better. You can either rush it and send out junk or delay and get it right.

or you do like ford did and bust ass and get it right and almost out on the same time to start.
The info that will be coming out each week from now will be massive. at least ford have a web series to try to explain the mache. How many other car companies did that?

Hang in there Tim and everyone else. It is worth the wait. I just hope some of us can do a weekend end meet and cookout this summer one day. Not too many people out there trying to make friends in the crazy times we have right now. But with this Mache, I feel like I have made some really good friends here.

Lukeh02

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
14’ Taurus (21’ Mustang ME)
Country flag
I get your point. But the vehicle is just now getting to the dealerships. With covid, a lot of the workers who would be around doing showing and giving out info have to work from home. Some states even had banned from going state to state for work.

There were special classes that certain ford workers had to go to with dealership people that had to be cancelled because of covid.
74% of new vehicle models have been delayed from covid 6 months or more. Ford announced they lost 10 weeks from covid on the mache. Here ford is grinding and trying to make up all the time.

Elon sent his workers back to work said screw covid. He knew he couldn't afford to get way behind and sent out some really bad first model y.

This whole process or order and buy are a first for ford and with covid, well it just turned things up to a whole new level. I agree things could have been done better. You can either rush it and send out junk or delay and get it right.

or you do like ford did and bust ass and get it right and almost out on the same time to start.
The info that will be coming out each week from now will be massive. at least ford have a web series to try to explain the mache. How many other car companies did that?

Hang in there Tim and everyone else. It is worth the wait. I just hope some of us can do a weekend end meet and cookout this summer one day. Not too many people out there trying to make friends in the crazy times we have right now. But with this Mache, I feel like I have made some really good friends here.

your "friends" are using you for your "inside info"
just wanted to be the first to tell you because I'm a real friend....

OP
OP
trutolife27

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
your "friends" are using you for your "inside info"
just wanted to be the first to tell you because I'm a real friend....
SO your saying with out the info I'm friendless ??
Well then just call me Mach-MI

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
The rear view camera was twitchy. Just the video feed or a bug?
When I was looking at it in Phoenix, someone was also poking their finger towards that camera. I assumed that was causing it to twitch, but I guess not.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag

You are misinterpreting my point. The engineers, front line workers, etc are doing a hell of a job. The marketing staff can certainly work remotely with the Sync4 software engineers, design teams, etc to have gotten useful information before now. The marketing dept should have had access to all the customer feedback sessions as the software went through the design and testing phase, and should have found what people were most excited and interested in. There certainly should have been a better worked out plan for the Mach drops.

for example:
  • The current roadshow is a great idea. Did anyone who's ordered a car get an email about it? How was the information disseminated? I know I found out because one of the dealers in the program posted it on their facebook, and a member here started a thread. As far as I have seen, there was virtually no notification whatsoever from ford corporate. That's an epic fail for FOMOCO marketing.
  • rather than showing the same startup graphic and brief nav shot, they could have talked to the sync4 team and asked what the design team found was not only very helpful about the UI but what features they thought would be most handy. Other than the "hey show me where to get coffee" simulation since last november, there is nothing detailed about how it can help plan a long trip, finding chargers and allowing you to add stops for food while the nav is already operating. That software has certainly had the final design frozen for months, and even a beta version could be good enough
  • by the same token, the pricing and participating partners in the fordpass charging network HAVE to be finalized by now, but not once have they detailed rates or who the participants are - not even if we will get the member+ plan from EA or not.
  • The machdrop was an absolute fiasco - from poor communication to customers, to dealers, and the fact that it takes MONTHS for people to know for certain if they got a machdrop FE or not is just insane. The cars are being scheduled right now - how the hell is it that customers don't know yet?! I get it if the dealers are clueless, but calling Ford directly (or using the website) yields the same level of unacceptable cluelessness.

Being on this forum and seeing insider info posts is the only way I feel I know anything about the car. Without that I am positive I would not be very excited about getting mine, and probably would have just bought a Tesla by now. Watching the 5 minute video by someone simply going through the screens has taught me FAR more about the car's features and customizability than 11 months of virtual silence from the marketing department.

OP
OP
trutolife27

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You are misinterpreting my point. The engineers, front line workers, etc are doing a hell of a job. The marketing staff can certainly work remotely with the Sync4 software engineers, design teams, etc to have gotten useful information before now. The marketing dept should have had access to all the customer feedback sessions as the software went through the design and testing phase, and should have found what people were most excited and interested in. There certainly should have been a better worked out plan for the Mach drops.

for example:
  • The current roadshow is a great idea. Did anyone who's ordered a car get an email about it? How was the information disseminated? I know I found out because one of the dealers in the program posted it on their facebook, and a member here started a thread. As far as I have seen, there was virtually no notification whatsoever from ford corporate. That's an epic fail for FOMOCO marketing.
  • rather than showing the same startup graphic and brief nav shot, they could have talked to the sync4 team and asked what the design team found was not only very helpful about the UI but what features they thought would be most handy. Other than the "hey show me where to get coffee" simulation since last november, there is nothing detailed about how it can help plan a long trip, finding chargers and allowing you to add stops for food while the nav is already operating. That software has certainly had the final design frozen for months, and even a beta version could be good enough
  • by the same token, the pricing and participating partners in the fordpass charging network HAVE to be finalized by now, but not once have they detailed rates or who the participants are - not even if we will get the member+ plan from EA or not.
  • The machdrop was an absolute fiasco - from poor communication to customers, to dealers, and the fact that it takes MONTHS for people to know for certain if they got a machdrop FE or not is just insane. The cars are being scheduled right now - how the hell is it that customers don't know yet?! I get it if the dealers are clueless, but calling Ford directly (or using the website) yields the same level of unacceptable cluelessness.

Being on this forum and seeing insider info posts is the only way I feel I know anything about the car. Without that I am positive I would not be very excited about getting mine, and probably would have just bought a Tesla by now. Watching the 5 minute video by someone simply going through the screens has taught me FAR more about the car's features and customizability than 11 months of virtual silence from the marketing department.
Got ya

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
And since I haven't said it in a while: thank you for all of the information you've posted. I hope there aren't repercussions for you, as Bill Ford should give you a big fat bonus.

OP
OP
trutolife27

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
And since I haven't said it in a while: thank you for all of the information you've posted. I hope there aren't repercussions for you, as Bill Ford should give you a big fat bonus.
All info I pass on is allowed. The other things I know. Well can't or not yet......

machdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach E Premium
Country flag
Thanks for posting the video. This is great to actually see the options available.

Happy to see:

Dark mode

Privacy options potentially allowing the disabling of Fleet telematics (though it did have a lock icon) wish we could have seen the text on that and whether it can just be toggled off.

Vehicle analytics toggle.

Departure comfort settings for pre-cooling/heating.

Scheduled charging for us Californians paying $0.55/kWh on time of use.

Three different camera modes and a switch for the parking sonar toggle. They should have a little info text button next to this though.

Vroom artificial sounds toggle.

Not thrilled about the rear trunk pop being under Controls->Access and a small icon with no text.

Noticeably absent:

Sentry mode on/off for external camera recording while parked. Record options for saving incidents for insurance claims.

Anything regarding hands off autonomous driving.

Child safety lock? Maybe didn’t dive into this submenu.

TPMS reset..?

Pedestrian alert sound selection. No fart choice, Star Wars speeder or Tie Fighter sounds.

Charging port lock greyed out? Maybe just because it wasn’t plugged in?

Feature requests:

Print money function with denomination selection.

Passenger eject option.

Flux capacitor date/time travel options.

Frunk shrimp warming/cooling options.

Blinker fluid maintenance levels.

Tesla glass top convertible mode option.
Sponsored

Last edited: