Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
All info I pass on is allowed. The other things I know. Well can't or not yet......
Having a job you enjoy is a very good thing. Not passing on confidential or sensitive information is quite understandable. And honestly, nothing we read on these forums is going to get us our Mach-e's any sooner. It will come when it comes. But I wish ... ;)
Sponsored

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
To be a bit contrarian about the marketing department: Isn't their job to attract new customers. All of us with reservations and orders are already a captured market so why would they want us crowding out the roadshow taking the place of someone who hasn't placed an order?

Besides: They are likely lazy and sending out all those e-mails to existing order holders is just a bunch of work!

Edit: Yes I'm aware that they should be doing something to keep us happy so that we keep our orders and reservations.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicles
Country flag
I would pay for a Star wars sound updates option.
I'd want Darth Vader's voice giving me Nav directions (like they did once for TomTom).

LOL! or better yet R2-D2

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
All of us with reservations and orders are already a captured market so why would they want us crowding out the roadshow taking the place of someone who hasn't placed an order?
Because we are generating the excitment factor that they need for this launch! Others will come.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
To be a bit contrarian about the marketing department: Isn't their job to attract new customers. All of us with reservations and orders are already a captured market so why would they want us crowding out the roadshow taking the place of someone who hasn't placed an order?

Besides: They are likely lazy and sending out all those e-mails to existing order holders is just a bunch of work!

Edit: Yes I'm aware that they should be doing something to keep us happy so that we keep our orders and reservations.
Have you paid your $50-60K? If not, their job isn't finished. Marketing is not just advertising. It's also doing what is needed to close the sale.

From Investopedia:
Marketing refers to activities a company undertakes to promote the buying or selling of a product or service. Marketing includes advertising, selling, and delivering products to consumers or other businesses. Some marketing is done by affiliates on behalf of a company.

From the American Marketing Association:
Definition of Marketing
Marketing is the activity, set of institutions, and processes for creating, communicating, delivering, and exchanging offerings that have value for customers, clients, partners, and society at large. (Approved 2017)

See https://www.ama.org/the-definition-of-marketing-what-is-marketing/ for more.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
OK, here's a question: What is Wireless App Projection?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Video: Navigating through Mach-E SYNC 4A screens, menus, options, features Wireless App Projection

JoelOclock

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Have you paid your $50-60K? If not, their job isn't finished. Marketing is not just advertising. It's also doing what is needed to close the sale.

From Investopedia:
Marketing refers to activities a company undertakes to promote the buying or selling of a product or service. Marketing includes advertising, selling, and delivering products to consumers or other businesses. Some marketing is done by affiliates on behalf of a company.

Definition of Marketing
Marketing is the activity, set of institutions, and processes for creating, communicating, delivering, and exchanging offerings that have value for customers, clients, partners, and society at large. (Approved 2017)

See https://www.ama.org/the-definition-of-marketing-what-is-marketing/ for more.
Jesus we’re breaking out definitions of marketing now?
I’ve kept quiet at the constant berating of marketing but time to offer some perspective.
I don’t think their marketing has been perfect, and the email marketing has been particularly poor (crappy links with underutilisation generally)
But the things you lot expect from a marketing department are crazy haha.
As someone who actually works in marketing I can tell you that the definition given, while correct, is broad. Just look for a consensus on product marketing, it’s different at every company. At the broadest level the marketing dept as a whole will be judged on things like press pickups, social media metrics, email metrics and yes, reservations.
Rightly or wrongly, they aren’t set targets of Mach-E forum members’ happiness. You learnt about their product, you reserved, and now many of you would be counted as advocates. Whether you believe that’s due to marketing or not, their job is practically done. Why spend resources on you lot when they need to concentrate on expanding the top of the funnel? Ie get more reservations. Not a lot more to be done for this segment until delivery

Last edited:

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
OK, here's a question: What is Wireless App Projection?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Video: Navigating through Mach-E SYNC 4A screens, menus, options, features Wireless App Projection
My guess is that it's for Wireless Android Auto/Apple Carplay. It may have some new wireless functionality for Ford Appsync though? That'd be kind of cool if you didn't want to use Android Auto/Apple Carplay.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicles
Country flag

From Investopedia:

Definition of Marketing

I did mention that in a footnote that part of their job was to keep us happy so we don't cancel.