Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
OK, here's a question: What is Wireless App Projection?
Wireless App Projection.jpg
Is it wrong to hope that this will be a feature that allows you to cast Netflix or something from your phone while you're charging?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Is it wrong to hope that this will be a feature that allows you to cast Netflix or something from your phone while you're charging?
That has been raised in a number of threads on the Forum. We don't know yet but that could be an OTA.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Maybe. You can always prove how important that part is by cancelling your order...
Funny you should mention importance of canceling an order. I first had a VW ID.4 reserved before I realized its not really the car for me. Right after reservation, I was inundated with information and emails about their blog posts, etc. I kept the reservation for a couple of weeks before I decided the Mach E was more my style. I canceled my reservation and haven't gotten a single followup from Volkswagen. I would have assumed there might have been an email or something asking why I canceled, but there has been nothing.

JoelOclock

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Funny you should mention importance of canceling an order. I first had a VW ID.4 reserved before I realized its not really the car for me. Right after reservation, I was inundated with information and emails about their blog posts, etc. I kept the reservation for a couple of weeks before I decided the Mach E was more my style. I canceled my reservation and haven't gotten a single followup from Volkswagen. I would have assumed there might have been an email or something asking why I canceled, but there has been nothing.
Reservation is different from an order but yes I’d expect a follow up there too. Probably just didn’t make the cut line for resourcing

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Maybe. You can always prove how important that part is by cancelling your order...
I don't plan to but we've seen many folks on here cancel either reservations or orders.

JoelOclock

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I don't plan to but we've seen many folks on here cancel either reservations or orders.
I’m not sure if you understand the point I’m making. Allow me to clarify.
The marketing dept. clearly believe the number of reservations they gain from directing their resources elsewhere outweighs the number of people cancelling reservations/orders based on poor communication from Ford. They won’t change that belief without data to back it up i.e more cancellations

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I’m not sure if you understand the point I’m making. Allow me to clarify.
The marketing dept. clearly believe the number of reservations they gain from directing their resources elsewhere outweighs the number of people cancelling reservations/orders based on poor communication from Ford. They won’t change that belief without data to back it up i.e more cancellations
If customer loss is their metric, brand loyalty isn't their goal. That's like measuring public health by death rates. It leaves out most of what goes on in staying healthy.

JoelOclock

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If customer loss is their metric, brand loyalty isn't their goal. That's like measuring public health by death rates. It leaves out most of what goes on in staying healthy.
That’s not what I said at all. You can bet they’re measuring all they can. Death rates, hospital visits, insurance premiums and everything in between to use your analogy.

You seem to place the responsibility of keeping yourself and other order holders happy on marketing. I’m not saying marketing don’t care. I have goals on customer satisfaction. I’d be surprised if they don’t. I’m simply saying the majority of their resources are going towards getting more reservations (and rightly so from my POV and marketing experience)

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
That’s not what I said at all. You can bet they’re measuring all they can. Death rates, hospital visits, insurance premiums and everything in between to use your analogy.

You seem to place the responsibility of keeping yourself and other order holders happy on marketing. I’m not saying marketing don’t care. I have goals on customer satisfaction. I’d be surprised if they don’t. I’m simply saying the majority of their resources are going towards getting more reservations (and rightly so from my POV and marketing experience)
And it seems they would rather use random advertising or no advertising than the minimal cost and high yield of using influencers.

One of the cheapest mass marketing they can do is send emails to folks who have already signed up and given their emails in response to a button that says "keep me informed". However, they haven't I have received almost nothing from Ford in response to them having my email from the reservation. I have learned more from separately subscribing to Ford Media's email (yes, that's clearly a separate list from reservation holder / order holder / "keep me informed"). I've learned more than that from the FaceBook pages that Ford doesn't run and the most from Forums that Ford doesn't run. People who want to be informed are more likely to spread the word.

Why not do a mail merge and email everyone who asked to be kept informed about the Mach E notified when stories come out on Ford Media? Why not email reservation holders before opportunities to see the Mach E are coming to their own town? Folks who are already interested will talk it up on social media and have a bigger impact than random posts.

JoelOclock

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
And it seems they would rather use random advertising or no advertising than the minimal cost and high yield of using influencers.

One of the cheapest mass marketing they can do is send emails to folks who have already signed up and given their emails in response to a button that says "keep me informed". However, they haven't I have received almost nothing from Ford in response to them having my email from the reservation. I have learned more from separately subscribing to Ford Media's email (yes, that's clearly a separate list from reservation holder / order holder / "keep me informed"). I've learned more than that from the FaceBook pages that Ford doesn't run and the most from Forums that Ford doesn't run. People who want to be informed are more likely to spread the word.

Why not do a mail merge and email everyone who asked to be kept informed about the Mach E notified when stories come out on Ford Media? Why not email reservation holders before opportunities to see the Mach E are coming to their own town? Folks who are already interested will talk it up on social media and have a bigger impact than random posts.
Wow, a lot to unpack there.
First off, I think you mean word of mouth, not influencers. You may 'influence' others on this forum but you're not an influencer. I think this because of what you said after, that is simply not true. Using influencers in marketing is one of the least cost-effective, unproven, unverified, and difficult to measure channels at a marketer's disposal.

Second, not sure where you get no/random advertising from. That big video with the Mache E 1400 that everyone drooled over? Yeah that was a marketing budget. The ads I've seen on TV that feature MME? yeah that's advertising budget and a lot of marketing resources.

Third, I don't disagree that their use of email has been poor. I said so in my very first comment, so that's just treading old ground. It's the constant berating that I object to and accusations that they're doing nothing, sat on their hands sort of thing (not saying that was you specifically). It's wildly ignorant to believe marketing dept. doesn't care. It's so much more probable that they are simply underfunded. I don't profess to know the team structure but I wouldn't be surprised if they're all working on the Bronco concurrently.

Since this forum is about learning from each other (I've personally learnt a lot from @trutolife27 ) I thought I'd offer a perspective from marketing experience that many won't have. Not here to defend the poor use of email marketing.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Second, not sure where you get no/random advertising from. That big video with the Mache E 1400 that everyone drooled over? Yeah that was a marketing budget. The ads I've seen on TV that feature MME? yeah that's advertising budget and a lot of marketing resources.
Thanks.

Sorry that I was unclear on this part: what I meant was no/random advertising about the Mach E Tour. Folks on here are not finding out about the Tour from Ford or from their dealers. They're learning about it here. I've asked my dealer about the tour and he seems to know nothing. Others on here are seeing a tweet sent out by dealers after the car arrives rather than the day or week before. Do they not know it's coming?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I believe there are a fair number of reservations/orders which are far more precarious than anyone at Ford might think. Despite many of our protestations to the contrary, Tesla is still a very viable competitor and the Id.4 fits some people in their intended use better than the Mach-e. Then there are folks who need a car and need it sooner rather than later. Plus there are those for whom this car is very definitely not a need and while flexible, do have limits. It won't take much for people in some of those categories to fall into the canceled category. Range comes in substantially low? Delivery delays mount for <insert geographical area here>? Or the car just doesn't feel right to someone. Cancelations will happen.

While this appears to be a great vehicle, the orders are not guaranteed nor are they paid. I can walk away from this vehicle at my personal delivery limit and eat the deposit even if it wasn't refundable (it is). I'm not alone.

This is very far afield from the sync-4a screen menus though.

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
Have to agree with Chasingchoral that whatever is being done to support this Tour is not reaching my eyes.

I live within a half hour drive of four Tour stops. I would not know that they were coming were it not for the discussion here.

Is it a concern that I still have not heard a peep, even though I checked at least three boxes when I registered for an event days ago agreeing to being kept updated about the event, Ford, and the MME?

Worse for me is the poor registration website quality.

Has anyone from Ford tried to use it? The zip code search function still doesn’t work on my iPhone or desktop. The map will only zoom out a bit, not even enough to show all of California. I have to swipe twenty times to scroll across to see the East Coast. The pins are not clickable so when you want to see tour site #70 that involves another dozen swipes.

And why isn’t the tour website on Google’s radar? Try searching for Mach-e Road Tour. Barely a ripple. I get a link back here to the original forum post giving a heads up about a NJ dealer Facebook announcement, a generic “Ford Mach-e is an SUV“ page, a “what we know about the MME“ C&D page, the other MME forum thread, and then the original NJ dealer Facebook post.

Pathetic
Sponsored

Last edited: