Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
My order is from a Toronto dealer. I was just informed that my Mach-e will be the first one they will receive. It has a build date of Nov.16th week and the serial number of 3FMTK3R72MMA01058
The dealer did not know how long it will take to ship from Mexico (I suspect one to two weeks).
I had placed my order on March 16. This is a Mach-e premium RWD with extended battery.
Amazing. With all the complaints from Canadian buyers on some threads, you actually have a VIN and a build date!
Sponsored

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
My order is from a Toronto dealer. I was just informed that my Mach-e will be the first one they will receive. It has a build date of Nov.16th week and the serial number of 3FMTK3R72MMA01058
The dealer did not know how long it will take to ship from Mexico (I suspect one to two weeks).
I had placed my order on March 16. This is a Mach-e premium RWD with extended battery.
Build day might be 11/17 for Red ones ;)

DaveQ

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E4X, HR-V, Insight, Maserati Levante S
Country flag

SD_Solar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Leaf SV 2019 Leaf SL Plus Ford F250 Jeep Cherokee First Edition Grabber Blue Order
Country flag
Did you make a reservation earlier than March 16?
If this is both your reservation and order date, and have a Nov 16 build date for a Premium, production is going to be at a much faster rate than we thought.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
If this is both your reservation and order date, and have a Nov 16 build date for a Premium, production is going to be at a much faster rate than we thought.
@SD_Solar: Don't forget @Gilles is in Canada. Their system is completely different from that in the US.

SD_Solar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Leaf SV 2019 Leaf SL Plus Ford F250 Jeep Cherokee First Edition Grabber Blue Order
Country flag
@SD_Solar: Don't forget @Gilles is in Canada. Their system is completely different from that in the US.
True, but it still amazes me you could walk into a Canada dealership on March 16 for the first time and place an order for a Premium and already have a Nov 16 build date --- there must be at least 12,000 NA reservations with an earlier date and I don't think they all have build dates before Nov 16. :)

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
True, but it still amazes me you could walk into a Canada dealership on March 16 for the first time and place an order for a Premium and already have a Nov 16 build date --- there must be at least 12,000 NA reservations with an earlier date and I don't think they all have build dates before Nov 16. :)
I reserved in early February. #35995. I'd bet there's more than 12,000. ;)

Be that as it may, it doesn't bother me. In fact, it shows things really are moving along. That's definitely a good thing.

Ask me again though about similar circumstances come April or May ... I might have changed my tune by then. ;)

Last edited:

Gilles

First Name
Gilles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Volt with Mach-e on order
Country flag
In Canada, we did not have the option to make a reservation online. We had to have a dealer write the order with a (refundable) $2,000 deposit. I did that on March 16. Keep in mind that cars directed to Canada are slightly different ( speedometers are in metric, daylight running lights are required and high voltage warnings have to be in both English and French ), so they may be scheduled differently.

BlackBeauty360

First Name
Linetta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford explorer xlt
Occupation
School bus driver
Country flag
Do I have to wait until production start before I can get a vin number so I can tract my production on my Mach-E?

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Do I have to wait until production start before I can get a vin number so I can tract my production on my Mach-E?
You get a VIN when they schedule production. So that’s before they start production of course.
Sponsored