Volume Knob Idea

NewGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ready to order
Country flag
The volume knob also acts as a button. As far as I can tell, that feature is only used as a long press to enter calm mode. Now that we can control temp through the knob, it would be great if a short press of the knob entered the temperature control mode. 99% of my interactions with the bottom portion of the screen are volume and temp; this function would allow no-look control of both.

What do you think?
Sponsored

DaveC

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The volume knob also acts as a button. As far as I can tell, that feature is only used as a long press to enter calm mode. Now that we can control temp through the knob, it would be great if a short press of the knob entered the temperature control mode. 99% of my interactions with the bottom portion of the screen are volume and temp; this function would allow no-look control of both.

What do you think?
Just touch the temp up/down arrow to the left of the knob and the volume nob becomes the temperature control!

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Just touch the temp up/down arrow to the left of the knob and the volume nob becomes the temperature control!
Just touch the fan button and the volume nob becomes the fan control!
Just touch the seat heat button and the volume nob becomes the seat heat control!

OP
OP

NewGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ready to order
Country flag
Yes, as I said.

But it requires a glance at the screen to make sure you hit the up/down arrow. If I could just use the knob it would be easier and safer.

Moxiemoney

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Yep, totally agree NewGuy. And if the road is slightly bumpy, it can take just a second more to hit the right area on the screen.

I love when other commenters reply with meaningless comments. Yes, we know you can hit the temp and fan control and THEN use the knob.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Good idea, but I would prefer for my button press to open my trunk. Since is gobsmackingly stupid that I have to go into settings to do that.

If a climate function, I use fan speed adjustment much more than temp.

Msnwcpa

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mme ordered, Lexus hybrid, Toyota hybrid
Occupation
IT
you know you can just tell the Ford voice assistant to set the temperature.
Ideally driver using voice commands for commonly used adjustments will be safer.

Agree with having to look down to fidget with area to touch on the screen.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Good idea, but I would prefer for my button press to open my trunk. Since is gobsmackingly stupid that I have to go into settings to do that.

If a climate function, I use fan speed adjustment much more than temp.
Put one of these in. šŸ˜ŠšŸ©

Ford Mustang Mach-E Volume Knob Idea IMG_3299

OP
OP

NewGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ready to order
Country flag
I think thatā€™s really cool, but I donā€™t want to go through the expense or hassle of wiring when Ford should just put a damned trunk button on the Home Screen.
My issue with it being only on the screen is that I always turn the car off, open the door to get out and head to the trunk, remember I didn't open the trunk, and then realize that the screen is now off. Really want that physical button.

Mrn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MMES
Occupation
Aviation
Country flag
My workflow: get out of the car and leave the door ajar, walk back and open the trunk to get stuff out or put stuff in, close the trunk and walk forward to close the door, then walk away and listen for the horn honk.

It seems like Ford has been improving the unlocking of the trunk over time so it's unlocked when you walk up to the car with the fob in your pocket.

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
My issue with it being only on the screen is that I always turn the car off, open the door to get out and head to the trunk, remember I didn't open the trunk, and then realize that the screen is now off. Really want that physical button.
Whatā€™s wrong with using the physical button on the trunk itself? Why use the screen button?

To the original point, I agree having a press of the volume knob to change function between volume/temp/fan would be a nice addition.
Sponsored