Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 2WD Standard Range
Occupation
Realtor
Country flag
Sometimes, when I adjust volume using the volume knob, the a/c turns off and the fan goes to max.

Anyone else seen this? I thought the volume knob was only for sound volume adjustment.
Sponsored

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
You might be accidentally touching the fan speed control with your thumb when operating the knob?

KlueBat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E AWD Premium, 2021 Mustang GT
Country flag
I've only had my car since Friday and I've already started to train myself to just use the volume on the wheel. My finger keeps brushing the max defrost button which turns off the AC. Not really what I want happening when its 96F outside.

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
Got to be careful because of the placement of touch buttons. When I 1st got the MME I kept brushing Valet Mode while scrolling for functional areas. What a nightmare! My FordPass displayed a banner reminding me I screwed up.

gpgrim

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR 4XP, MB E-350, Exp. EB, Subaru XTrek
Occupation
Physicist
Country flag
You might be accidentally touching the fan speed control with your thumb when operating the knob?
@SnBGC is dead nuts on, I've done this many times adjusting the volume, so I try to remember to use my right thumb, but its reflexive, I get it.

I'm also good at shutting off the ventilation system when trying to decrease the temp. Usually happens when I don't want to interrupt something I'm listening to in order to use a voice command.

It also cracks me up when the voice command systems activates on something it hears from the audio system.

Meh, it's a work in progress, but still enjoying the heck out of it.

QuRace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MME RWD/ER (Space White)
Country flag
Got to be careful because of the placement of touch buttons.
... And not just with those.

The placement of some hard buttons is equally bad. I have 2 or 3 instances already where I inadvertently activated cruise control via the respective steering wheel hard button. Not a benign thing either, when that happens in dense traffic in town...

Motomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW GLI, 4Runner
Country flag
Mine occasionally triggers the center “power button” (no way of accidentally brushing against that button), although it hasn’t done it in quite some time. The volume dial is simply attached onto the screen and interacts with the screen through little “touch” fingers. if it’s not perfectly positioned or if their touch targets are configured a bit too wide you might have issues.

nor3bo

First Name
Jacques
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Prem 4X
Country flag
Got to be careful because of the placement of touch buttons. When I 1st got the MME I kept brushing Valet Mode while scrolling for functional areas. What a nightmare! My FordPass displayed a banner reminding me I screwed up.
How do you get rid of that banner in FordPass?

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Yup, same thing happened to me, I think. I’ve occasionally brushed the max defrost button which sits just to the bottom left of the volume knob. That’s probably what happened.
Sponsored