Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
My issue with it being only on the screen is that I always turn the car off, open the door to get out and head to the trunk, remember I didn't open the trunk, and then realize that the screen is now off. Really want that physical button.
This thread tells you how to add a physical button to open the truck. I did the mod that Steve did (you can find the needed light switch module on eBay), and use it regularly. One thing to be aware of though is that the lift gate will not open if the doors are locked. (Just something to remember.)
Sponsored

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
Just touch the temp up/down arrow to the left of the knob and the volume nob becomes the temperature control!
That's not something easy to do while driving. Any touches on the screen require looking at it, and it can be hard to touch the right place when the car is jumping up and down.
It was a very bad design coming from Tesla to replace physical controls with touch screen.
Ford can improve ergonomics by making Volume button/wheel modal by toggling through different controls and displaying current mode on the screen.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
What’s wrong with using the physical button on the trunk itself? Why use the screen button?
This is for when I need to open the trunk while I’m still in the car. Anybody who uses their car to transport kids or make quick pickups or deliveries of any kind knows my pain.

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
This is for when I need to open the trunk while I’m still in the car. Anybody who uses their car to transport kids or make quick pickups or deliveries of any kind knows my pain.
Oh I just assumed there would be someone loading/unloading something in the trunk area that could press the button. I do agree it could be better though. 9 times out of 10 when I go to open or close the trunk from the screen menu the person in the back has already pressed it to open or close.

flapjake314

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
you know you can just tell the Ford voice assistant to set the temperature.
what is the prompt and command? is there a list of commands somewhere? i tried doing some of them, even some of the ones that were shown on the screen ("it's cold in here" or something like that they suggested), it never worked....

hedgehog99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Select RWD
Ideally driver using voice commands for commonly used adjustments will be safer.

Agree with having to look down to fidget with area to touch on the screen.
Voice control REPLACING physical knob is great in theory, but poor in execution. I hated it in the Tesla and was expecting more functionality of the knob before I got my hands on it. Voice control either adds unnecessarily 2 seconds to a simple turn of knob, or keeps whining that it doesn't understand and asks me to repeat. At least the windshield wiper is still physical in MME unlike that on the tesla.

Msnwcpa

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mme ordered, Lexus hybrid, Toyota hybrid
Occupation
IT
Voice control REPLACING physical knob is great in theory, but poor in execution. I hated it in the Tesla and was expecting more functionality of the knob before I got my hands on it. Voice control either adds unnecessarily 2 seconds to a simple turn of knob, or keeps whining that it doesn't understand and asks me to repeat. At least the windshield wiper is still physical in MME unlike that on the tesla.
Very true, if one has an accent like mine, Voice commands do not work well all the time either.

I am glad that MME still has a few physical buttons for select functions.

AliRafiee

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT - Grabber Blue
Occupation
Software Eng.
Country flag
The volume knob also acts as a button. As far as I can tell, that feature is only used as a long press to enter calm mode. Now that we can control temp through the knob, it would be great if a short press of the knob entered the temperature control mode. 99% of my interactions with the bottom portion of the screen are volume and temp; this function would allow no-look control of both.

What do you think?
100%
By the time I tap the temperature button on the screen, might as well keep tapping.
I would love to just click the volume button to go to temperature control.

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
I see the temperature control issue in all kinds of car reviews and now this forum...
I do not understand the need to change the temperature frequently... o_O I set it at a comfortable temp and it does the rest... do you guys change the temperature in your houses manually?
Sponsored