Wait for 2022 Mach-E?

timeshifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Honda Accord Hybrid EX-L
Country flag
I'm wondering the same thing. It's almost the middle of March 2021 right now. If I were to order in the next couple of weeks it seems that it might be 6 months before my car is in my possession. I don't want to take delivery of my new car, that I'm paying MSRP for, to be a 2021 model year when the year 2022 starts in two more months.

More important than what the model year is, is the color. 50 shades of gray is right. Yuck. The red is beautiful, but not sure red is for me. Black is awesome looking, but don't want that either. A good blue would be awesome, not that premium gray-blue that they offer. When I was looking at Ford Edges that had some beautiful dark blue and blue-green colors.
Sponsored

Dudd

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Renault Zoe & Pre-ordered Mach E
Country flag
With regards to the original post the question is probably more “when do you want to buy” rather than will next year’s car be better. The tech and the cars will always evolve, sometimes for the better. You just have to decide when you buy in. I’m happy having the current version, at least for a few years.
If you aren’t careful you’ll always be waiting on the next thing while the rest of us are enjoying the current Mustang this year (hopefully!! ;) )

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mustang
Country flag
With regards to the original post the question is probably more “when do you want to buy” rather than will next year’s car be better. The tech and the cars will always evolve, sometimes for the better. You just have to decide when you buy in. I’m happy having the current version, at least for a few years.
If you aren’t careful you’ll always be waiting on the next thing while the rest of us are enjoying the current Mustang this year (hopefully!! ;) )
The only unique thing is in this situation if I place an order now, I don't actually get the car for 3-5 months. So, the decision is to wait a few months after when I would get the car to get the new model or stick with the old knowing that the new one comes out very soon after you take delivery.

It would be a different situation if MME were readily available right now and the choice is to buy the car NOW and drive it NOW, or wait 6 months or so for the next model year.

Dudd

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Renault Zoe & Pre-ordered Mach E
Country flag
The only unique thing is in this situation if I place an order now, I don't actually get the car for 3-5 months. So, the decision is to wait a few months after when I would get the car to get the new model or stick with the old knowing that the new one comes out very soon after you take delivery.

It would be a different situation if MME were readily available right now and the choice is to buy the car NOW and drive it NOW, or wait 6 months or so for the next model year.
Doesn’t that assume that in 6 months you will be able to get any new model immediately? Extremely unlikely, although you will be able to get current models more quickly from stock if you aren’t fussy about spec or colour. There will always be a wait.
The biggest significant change will be new battery tech and when that first arrives it will be extremely expensive and there will be huge demand, which implies massive wait times. It won’t settle down for years.

barryvo

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Passat and Jeep Cherokee
Country flag
My salesperson told me to expect being able to order a 22 MME the end of Sep or early Oct. He did not know what the changes will be at this time or if the price will change (up or down). I currently have a 21 MME on order since mid June and expect it around Christmas. I'm considering canceling it and ordering a 22 MME if there are some earth shattering new features and the cost isn't too much more.

Ponypower50

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 CMax, 2021 Rapid Red Mach-E FE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Their better be changes and improvements to the 2022's. Like an air seal on top of the windshield.
Sponsored