Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
In fact, my 2023 Jeep has yet to receive a single OTA, even though they say they will send them. And there are serious complaints about the software in the truck.
There aren't many. In my 18 months of ownership of the GC... I've received only one OTA... while at a carwash lol.

It did fixed the "constant" CarPlay disconnect and connection issues I had.
Sponsored

evnewbie2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
So I just got my adapter from Lectron over the weekend and it's working fine. My friend received his in the mail today and it's one with the latch issue. It worked fine for him at a Supercharger though. But customer service was quick to contact him for a replacement. They said it was just a problem with a few early versions.

uclavic

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E Premium RWD ER
Country flag
So I just got my adapter from Lectron over the weekend and it's working fine. My friend received his in the mail today and it's one with the latch issue. It worked fine for him at a Supercharger though. But customer service was quick to contact him for a replacement. They said it was just a problem with a few early versions.
When did you order the Lectron?

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
When did you order the Lectron?
Mine was ordered 3/2 and nothing.

I keep getting canned messages.

Is my order a pre-order since it's been over 7 weeks ?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Warning - Lectron NACS Adapter Recalled For Safety Defect Screenshot 2024-04-25 at 9.40.34 AM

uclavic

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E Premium RWD ER
Country flag
Mine was ordered 3/2 and nothing.

I keep getting canned messages.

Is my order a pre-order since it's been over 7 weeks ?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Warning - Lectron NACS Adapter Recalled For Safety Defect Screenshot 2024-04-25 at 9.40.34 AM
I ordered on 3/6 so mine is after yours. We’re not preorders as far as I’m concerned. I was kind of curious to see if anyone who ordered after product availability was announced has had their order delivered.

Robob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23’ GT Cyber Orange
Occupation
Auto Parts, Paint & Tech
Country flag
I had received one that wouldn’t latch ordered nov 2nd. I sent it back and they received it last Friday, but haven’t heard anything yet about a replacement.

OP
OP
Mach-Lee

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Update - Lectron's NACS adapter is now officially recalled. 1624 units affected.

Owners will be notified via mail about the recall. The defective adapters will have to be replaced. Due to a manufacturing oversight, the latch was made with an incorrect profile that allowed the cable to be removed while charging without unlatching first, exposing the user to a potential arc flash event. The latch has been redesigned with a flat profile so the charging cable will be properly retained during charging.

The original post has been updated. NHTSA safety defect report attached.

Attachments

Dkuhnke

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsociety.ca
Vehicles
Mach e FE over 3 years; 40,000km
Occupation
retired engineer; chapter lead, EV Society of Canada-Northumberland chapter.
Country flag

Tom L

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Honda Clarity
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Update - Lectron's NACS adapter is now officially recalled. 1624 units affected.

Owners will be notified via mail about the recall. The defective adapters will have to be replaced. Due to a manufacturing oversight, the latch was made with an incorrect profile that allowed the cable to be removed while charging without unlatching first, exposing the user to a potential arc flash event. The latch has been redesigned with a flat profile so the charging cable will be properly retained during charging.

The original post has been updated. NHTSA safety defect report attached.
Thanks for all this information about the adapter. Another important service from you to owners on the forum.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Any issues with the EVCONN adapter from Amazon?
EVCONN Tesla to J1772 Adapter, PA66 & Glass Fiber Material, Max 60A & 250V - Compatible with Tesla High Powered Connectors, Destination Chargers,
https://www.amazon.ca/EVCONN-Tesla-...r&qid=1714913089&sprefix=,aps,100&sr=8-9&th=1

It's not suitable for Superchargers.
It's not suitable for superchargers because it won't work with superchargers. Anyway, why not just buy something from a reputable company rather than a Chinese knockoff that might melt your car charge port?

OP
OP
Mach-Lee

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
CAUTION - Some replacement Lectron adapters may not release from Tesla cables.

The recall replacement adapters may be too tight, and refuse to release after being connected to a Supercharger. They've gone from one extreme to the other. No idea how widespread this is, but the adapter getting permanently stuck to the Supercharger cable could ruin your day.

Lectron, you need to test every single adapter at the factory before shipping them!

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
J1 '21 Premium Ex RWD (Rapid Red)
Country flag
CAUTION - Some replacement Lectron adapters may not release from Tesla cables.

Lectron, you need to test every single adapter at the factory before shipping them!
On a positive note, they fixed the electrical safety issue.

philbish

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium AWD Extended
Occupation
Engineer
Is this why these chargers are going for insane costs on auction sites? I don't even see any of the Ford ones for sale, just AZ2 models.

Those aren't affected, just a set of Lectron's? Is there a good place to look for coupons? Not sure I can wait until July

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Is this why these chargers are going for insane costs on auction sites? I don't even see any of the Ford ones for sale, just AZ2 models.

Those aren't affected, just a set of Lectron's? Is there a good place to look for coupons? Not sure I can wait until July
High prices are due to a supply and demand imbalance. When everyone wants one, and they are hard to find, prices go up.

If you want to buy one, it seems like A2Z is the only good choice. I thought Lectron was reputable, but after this crap, I think not. As others have pointed out, Lectron has done some shady things in the past with their L2 adapters, and it looks like they are still producing questionable products.

A2Z used to have a coupon code for Ford owners, and I think they may still have an active one for Rivian owners. You could try the code "RIVIAN" when ordering to see if it works. I am not sure if that is the right code, but you could Bing it and see if you can verify. I think the code will knock off 10% or so.
Sponsored