First Name
Tawna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Mach E premium
Country flag
Hi,
What is the auto seat warmer function? Salesmen didn't know.
Sponsored

Womps

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E & 2021 Ford F-150 Lariat Super
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hi,
What is the auto seat warmer function? Salesmen didn't know.
It will automatically turn on and off your heated seat. The warmer you have the cabin temperature set the warmer it will keep your seat. I use the auto setting all the time and there is one one thing I donā€™t like about the auto setting. I will frequently use the max defrost button in real cold weather to keep the windows clear. This automatically turns the cabin heat to the highest setting but also turns the seat heaters on to the highest setting. Well in 2 minutes the seats become uncomfortably hot.

Last edited:

Hammered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB F150, MME GTPE
Country flag
It will automatically turn on and off your heated seat. The warmer you have the cabin temperature set the warmer it will keep your seat. I use the auto setting all the time and there is one one thing I donā€™t like about the auto setting. I will frequently use the max defrost button in real cold weather to keep the windows clear. This automatically turns the cabin heat to the highest setting but also turns the west heaters on to the highest setting. Well in 2 minutes the seats become uncomfortably hot.
Yeah, setting 3 will cook ya pretty good. It's the highest performing seat heater I've seen. Wasn't sure if the performance / fabric types performed similar throughout the line. Jeans and a Tshirt and damn it gets super hot.

axelheimer24

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22ā€™ MME Premium ER eAWD Dark Matter Grey
Country flag
Yeah, setting 3 will cook ya pretty good. It's the highest performing seat heater I've seen. Wasn't sure if the performance / fabric types performed similar throughout the line. Jeans and a Tshirt and damn it gets super hot.
My car preconditions every morning with the seats on high. I love it for the first minute, then by 90 seconds Iā€™m desperate for the off setting šŸ˜‚

dj_stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium -> 2023 GTPE
Country flag
Setting 3 is wild. I just wish they hadnā€™t covered the seat heaterā€™s current status when you hit ā€œauto.ā€

Before the new UI update you could be on auto and see if the heaters were on or not, now you canā€™t.

axelheimer24

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22ā€™ MME Premium ER eAWD Dark Matter Grey
Country flag
Setting 3 is wild. I just wish they hadnā€™t covered the seat heaterā€™s current status when you hit ā€œauto.ā€

Before the new UI update you could be on auto and see if the heaters were on or not, now you canā€™t.
Oh no another reason to avoid that update. I can only imagine what would be going through my brain without that information. ā€œdid my car just decide to temporarily melt my ass or am I having some sort of medical event?ā€

Womps

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

I can still tell when my seat heater is on in the automatic setting by a little orange indication line thatā€™s lit up and Iā€™ve had the UI update.

dj_stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium -> 2023 GTPE
Country flag
I can still tell when my seat heater is on in the automatic setting by a little orange indication line thatā€™s lit up and Iā€™ve had the UI update.
That orange indicator is lit no matter if the heated seats are on or not, it just indicates that youā€™re on ā€œautoā€ setting. At least Iā€™m 90% sure because I live in a normally temperate climate (60F+). What I see is it turn on when I hit auto (hypothesis: to indicate auto) and Iā€™ve literally never seen the light off.

Unless you have some hard evidence to the contrary.

Womps

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That orange indicator is lit no matter if the heated seats are on or not, it just indicates that youā€™re on ā€œautoā€ setting. At least Iā€™m 90% sure because I live in a normally temperate climate (60F+). What I see is it turn on when I hit auto (hypothesis: to indicate auto) and Iā€™ve literally never seen the light off.

Unless you have some hard evidence to the contrary.
Hmm, now Iā€™m going to have to play closer attention, you could be correct.

Womps

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hmm, now Iā€™m going to have to play closer attention, you could be correct.
Just went out to the garage to check. Orange light is always on and seat emblem is red. As I turn the cabin heat down the red seat emblem turns white which Iā€™m guessing is off. Turn cabin heat up and seat emblem turns red.

smcnair

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Platty, Explorer Platty, '23 Premium
Country flag
Wife's best friend has a Tesla X and says the seat heater is useless. That Mustang one though...cook eggs in that seat if I could afford eggs.

OP
OP
Tawna

Tawna

First Name
Tawna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Mach E premium
Country flag
Wife's best friend has a Tesla X and says the seat heater is useless. That Mustang one though...cook eggs in that seat if I could afford eggs.
I'll send you some eggs. My chickens are producing machines. Granted it's -43 here today and they are probably frozen.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My car preconditions every morning with the seats on high. I love it for the first minute, then by 90 seconds Iā€™m desperate for the off setting šŸ˜‚
I have to turn mine down to 1 as soon as I get in the car after doing a remote start. That's less annoying now with the new UI. Love that they finally changed the button to just tap multiple times to rotate through 3-2-1-OFF. At first I thought the update only activated the dial, since that lights up and draws your attention there. But the update also enabled the multi-tap, which is even better!
Sponsored