emichnov

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium
Country flag
What is this noise at the end of my trunk opening? I don't know how to describe it, perhaps: Be-bing, be-bing, be-bing.

And how do I make it stop?

ToOldForThis

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium 4X
Occupation
Technical Analyst
I have that too. I just assumed it is normal for this car - the "trunk is open" chime.

Mirak

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
What is this noise at the end of my trunk opening? I don't know how to describe it, perhaps: Be-bing, be-bing, be-bing.

That noise occurs when the door opening is interrupted. Your car seems to think your rear hatch opening is getting interrupted. Possibly you have it set to not open all the way?

OP
OP
emichnov

emichnov

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium
Country flag
Possibly you have it set to not open all the way?
Yes, I do. In fact, that was the very first thing I did with this car after buying it was to set the opening height, as the first time I opened the trunk, it smashed into my garage door.

So, if we use this built-in trunk opening height feature, Ford's penalizes us for using it by making us listen to that noise? Is there anyway to shut it off?

Mirak

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes, I do. In fact, that was the very first thing I did with this car after buying it was to set the opening height, as the first time I opened the trunk, it smashed into my garage door.

So, if we use this built-in trunk opening height feature, Ford's penalizes us for using it by making us listen to that noise? Is there anyway to shut it off?
Well, for starters, reset the door opening height to see if that confirms what I said. I suspect that is your issue.

Assuming I’m right, your next step would be to send angry emails to Ford and troll this message board, and particularly @Ford Motor Company at least one a week for at least 18 months. This has worked for me in the past on other issues.

AliRafiee

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT - Grabber Blue
Occupation
Software Eng.
Country flag
Good question. I get that sometimes.
I’ll figure that out sing I finally got to the bottom of the ding dong. 😂

OP
OP
emichnov

emichnov

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium
Country flag
Mirak - good advice, at least the first paragraph. For everyone's sanity, I'll try to refrain from the advice in the second paragraph other than my mini-rant above.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag

I don’t think you can make it stop beeping.

It’s a known issue. Something about the speed that the tailgate operates is not what the computer expects so it beeps.

OP
OP
emichnov

emichnov

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium
Country flag
omething about the speed that the tailgate operates is not what the computer expects so it beeps.
This makes sense. I did try to adjust the speed using Forscan. Must have done this to myself!!

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag

Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

OP
OP
emichnov

emichnov

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium
Country flag

Mirak

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This makes sense. I did try to adjust the speed using Forscan. Must have done this to myself!!
I was gonna also suggest that there might be a way to disable certain chimes in forscan, but sounds like you’re ahead of me.

Jeff-NoVA

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E Premium
Country flag
That sound isn’t normal? My car has been doing that from day one. Never bothered me.

edit, scratch that. I have heard that noise before but I guess it doesn’t do it all the time. Learn something every day!

Last edited:

dwst480

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023.5 Vapor Blue MME Premium RWD ER, 2015 Mazda6
Country flag
First time I remember hearing that noise was when I was in a parking garage with a very low ceiling. I opened my tailgate and it hit a pipe from the fire sprinkler system just as it was nearly finished. That left a mark--fortunately a very tiny one, but still... :frown:

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag

It means there was an obstacle detected, but it gets set falsely sometimes. Known issue, just ignore it for now.