Where did the rear hatch button go to on the UI?

hprose

First Name
Harvey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F250 and a Mach-e on order
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I‘m guessing recognizing sarcasm isn’t one of your strong suits?
Actually it normally is. I am generally known for it. But on this forum where the sound level of the turn signal has been a major issue I have become inured to complaints about icons and where they are. My profuse apologies.
Sponsored

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Putting the button in place of the Max Defrost button is a little cleaner. 😊🐩

IMG_3299.jpeg
Actually, looking at that switch and layout, it would make more sense to make the left button a frunk button and the right button a rear hatch button instead of traction control. That can go to a menu on the screen.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Actually, looking at that switch and layout, it would make more sense to make the left button a frunk button and the right button a rear hatch button instead of traction control. That can go to a menu on the screen.
And in fact, the traction control button exists exclusively on the screen for those of us with 2021 Job 1 cars.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
And in fact, the traction control button exists exclusively on the screen for those of us with 2021 Job 1 cars.
Great point. Another thing they could do instead, if a hard traction control button is beloved, is to make the hatch release a “split button”, with the top button a frunk release and a bottom button a rear hatch release.

bbulkow

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda CRV, Porsche Cayman S
Country flag
Putting the button in place of the Max Defrost button is a little cleaner. 😊🐩

IMG_3299.jpeg
It would be cleaner, but I actually use the max defrost a lot. When I get in the car and it starts fogging up, hitting that little button for about 10 seconds is the easy way to get the fog off, regardless of what the touchscreen is doing. If I was going to repurpose a button on that side, it would be traction control off. I don't think I've used that one at all; not a big doughnuts guy.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
It would be cleaner, but I actually use the max defrost a lot. When I get in the car and it starts fogging up, hitting that little button for about 10 seconds is the easy way to get the fog off, regardless of what the touchscreen is doing. If I was going to repurpose a button on that side, it would be traction control off. I don't think I've used that one at all; not a big doughnuts guy.
There’s also a Max Defrost button the screen that’s always there.

bbulkow

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda CRV, Porsche Cayman S
Country flag
There’s also a Max Defrost button the screen that’s always there.
True, I don't know what is is - I have trouble seeing outside so I like reaching for the physical button? Sometimes the screen is still starting when I'm ready to get the max defrost starting.

I still think the center console will be better and that button is 100% unused. If I have trouble routing to the console, the knee-spot will be my second choice.
Sponsored