Why does the shift knob rotate past Drive?

Ride_the_lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR AWD
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
My question is why did mine shift to reverse on its own yesterday morning. I had my foot on the brake, but both hands in my coat pocket because I was so cold. Next thing I know it’s making the reverse beeping sound and the light was on R. It was weird. Thought I got the Tesla model S upgrade where the AI decides which way you want to go.

edit: before anyone piles on, yes, I could have bumped it or something. It only happened once so I haven’t been able to verify it. Odds are it was me, but there was enough of a gap in time that made it so weird. I sat therefor a few seconds trying to warm to before I heard the backup beeping.
Sponsored

OP
OP
JohnFoxeSheets

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
My question is why did mine shift to reverse on its own yesterday morning. I had my foot on the brake, but both hands in my coat pocket because I was so cold. Next thing I know it’s making the reverse beeping sound and the light was on R. It was weird. Thought I got the Tesla model S upgrade where the AI decides which way you want to go.

edit: before anyone piles on, yes, I could have bumped it or something. It only happened once so I haven’t been able to verify it. Odds are it was me, but there was enough of a gap in time that made it so weird. I sat therefor a few seconds trying to warm to before I heard the backup beeping.
Weird….and disconcerting! In my case i know it is operator error, but in yours that seems less likely.