Why were the wheels off my MME GT P when I arrived at the dealer to recieve it?

DeviousRex

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach e GT performance
Occupation
Solution Sales Manager
Country flag
Hi everyone. First post.

My MME GT P arrived at the dealership from the port yesterday and I received the call to go pick it up. When I arrived, the car was in the service area, filthy and with the rear left wheel and brake pads removed. When I asked why, the sales person told me that cars have a protective film on the brake pads when they first come in from the port and the service techs were removing it as a part of the receiving and inspection process.

This sounds like BS to me as I've never heard about this before and it makes no sense to me that a car that obviously has to be driven from the truck to the service bay at the very least, would have some sort of film on the brake pads.

So, my questions are.... is this somehow true? If not, why would the dealership pull off the wheels and brake pads before delivering it to me?

Side note, my car sadly failed the initial inspection for recall 22V646000 and I had to leave the dealershipto return another day, after they resolve the recall issue.

Thanks, in advance, for your feedback.
Sponsored

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Hi everyone. First post.

My MME GT P arrived at the dealership from the port yesterday and I received the call to go pick it up. When I arrived, the car was in the service area, filthy and with the rear left wheel and brake pads removed. When I asked why, the sales person told me that cars have a protective film on the brake pads when they first come in from the port and the service techs were removing it as a part of the receiving and inspection process.

This sounds like BS to me as I've never heard about this before and it makes no sense to me that a car that obviously has to be driven from the truck to the service bay at the very least, would have some sort of film on the brake pads.

So, my questions are.... is this somehow true? If not, why would the dealership pull off the wheels and brake pads before delivering it to me?

Side note, my car sadly failed the initial inspection for recall 22V646000 and I had to leave the dealershipto return another day, after they resolve the recall issue.

Not sure why dealers feel the need to lie.

They expect you to believe every car being delivered has its wheels and brakes removed before delivery?

Dnorwood98

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Carbonized Gray AWD Ext Range
Occupation
Education/Healthcare
Country flag
Because that recall involves the axle halfshafts and they needed to be inspected? Sounds logical to me. And it also sounds like they discovered your car had the problem.
I think the issue is that he was lied to about why the wheels were off. Just be honest, we are inspecting for the recall on the axle halfshafts.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
The sales personā€™s response probably should have been: ā€œIā€™m not sure. Let me ask the tech.ā€ Whereupon the tech would have told her/him about the inspection for the recall. Lame on the sales personā€™s part to just make up a lie instead of finding out. šŸ¤”šŸ©

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Hi everyone. First post.

The cars ship with a protective cover over the brake assembly. The vehicle is still driveable for shipping purposes of course. The covers are removed at the dealership. The wheels have come off for that.

They should not have to touch the brake pads unless they notice something unusual such as friction material on the rotor or falling out of the calipers.

EpnkszcXcAECEbm.jpg

OP
OP

DeviousRex

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach e GT performance
Occupation
Solution Sales Manager
Country flag
As soon as I posted this thread, I read this one by @leeman. Maybe they had the wheels off to remove the spacers he wrote about.
The cars ship with a protective cover over the brake assembly. The vehicle is still driveable for shipping purposes of course. The covers are removed at the dealership. The wheels have come off for that.

They should not have to touch the brake pads unless they notice something unusual such as friction material on the rotor or falling out of the calipers.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Why were the wheels off my MME GT P when I arrived at the dealer to recieve it? EpnkszcXcAECEbm
Thank you, Greg. I appreciate your help.

Earplug

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GT-PE
Country flag

Jax_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT (Build in progress)
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E Why were the wheels off my MME GT P when I arrived at the dealer to recieve it? EpnkszcXcAECEbm
On this note, can anyone explain why they whoā€™re covering is so ā€œrandomā€. Like why the two stripes on the grill and not the full grill? Always found that odd

TD1273

First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford F-350
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I think the issue is that he was lied to about why the wheels were off. Just be honest, we are inspecting for the recall on the axle halfshafts.
If you asked the salesperson that question I would guess he or she probably didnā€™t really know and just said first thing that sounded reasonable to them
Sponsored