Tat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E premium SR, Cyber-Orange
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
My 2023 MME came with 250kwh complementary charge but I haven't tried that (local EA stations always busy or broken).
Is there any expiration days for that ? I login to Ford and cannot find the 250kwh info on my dashboard any more.
Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP
bostonman

bostonman

First Name
Tat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Bard GPT told me this. I am always impress by the AI bot and I think I should trust the answer :)

There is an expiration date for the Ford complimentary 250 kWh of fast charging. However, the specific date depends on the model of your Ford electric vehicle:
  • Mustang Mach-E: The 250 kWh credit expires 3 years from the warranty start date for your Mach-E.
  • F-150 Lightning: While there's no official expiration date announced for the F-150 Lightning's 250 kWh credit, some sources suggest it might also follow the 3-year expiration period similar to the Mach-E.

It's best to check your specific Ford model's information or contact your local Ford dealership for confirmation. You can also find details about your complimentary charging in the FordPass app under the "Charging" section.

Here are some additional things to keep in mind:
  • The idle fees associated with charging are not covered by the complimentary 250 kWh credit.
  • You must be enrolled in FordPass Rewards to receive the credit.
  • The credit can only be used at Electrify America charging stations.
I hope this information helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
My 2023 MME came with 250kwh complementary charge but I haven't tried that (local EA stations always busy or broken).
Is there any expiration days for that ? I login to Ford and cannot find the 250kwh info on my dashboard any more.
Thanks
It's under (Ford Pass App)
Vehicle -> Blue Oval Charge Network.

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag
Bard GPT told me this. I am always impress by the AI bot and I think I should trust the answer :)

There is an expiration date for the Ford complimentary 250 kWh of fast charging. However, the specific date depends on the model of your Ford electric vehicle:
  • Mustang Mach-E: The 250 kWh credit expires 3 years from the warranty start date for your Mach-E.
  • F-150 Lightning: While there's no official expiration date announced for the F-150 Lightning's 250 kWh credit, some sources suggest it might also follow the 3-year expiration period similar to the Mach-E.

It's best to check your specific Ford model's information or contact your local Ford dealership for confirmation. You can also find details about your complimentary charging in the FordPass app under the "Charging" section.

Here are some additional things to keep in mind:
  • The idle fees associated with charging are not covered by the complimentary 250 kWh credit.
  • You must be enrolled in FordPass Rewards to receive the credit.
  • The credit can only be used at Electrify America charging stations.
I hope this information helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.
We are just now hitting 3 years of ownership from the earliest owners, so maybe someone can post who has hit their 3 years with credits left in their account to confirm or deny?

OP
OP
bostonman

bostonman

First Name
Tat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I signed up for the Ford Chat and they replied this:

Q: Is there any expiration date for the complementary 250kwh came with my 2023 MachE ?
"There is no expiration date on the complementary 250 kWh’s when it comes to the public charging."

Looks like they have changed the rule so no more expiration date now.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I signed up for the Ford Chat and they replied this:

Q: Is there any expiration date for the complementary 250kwh came with my 2023 MachE ?
"There is no expiration date on the complementary 250 kWh’s when it comes to the public charging."

Looks like they have changed the rule so no more expiration date now.
Or the customer service rep doesn't know. Wouldn't be the first time.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
We are just now hitting 3 years of ownership from the earliest owners, so maybe someone can post who has hit their 3 years with credits left in their account to confirm or deny?
Like this?
Ford Mustang Mach-E will 250kwh freebie expire ? IMG_6123

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Somehow, in the last nearly 3 years, I've managed to use 423 of my 500kWh allotment! I've got until March 7...

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Somehow, in the last nearly 3 years, I've managed to use 423 of my 500kWh allotment! I've got until March 7...
I would have used some of them if they weren't restricted to a charging network that doesn't exist in my state.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I would have used some of them if they weren't restricted to a charging network that doesn't exist in my state.
LOL. I know your pain. The one city I commonly road-trip to, Kansas City, has only one EA station… and they installed it in the far-eastern suburbs of Independence, MO, a 30 minute drive away from my destination in the far more affluent and populous Johnson County, Kansas suburbs. That’s some wisdom.

There is an EA station close to my house in Wichita, ironically, that I’ll sometimes visit if I need to juice up quickly in an emergency situation. That’s how I’ve used most of my allotment.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
You can have mine. I wouldn’t DC charge even if they paid me.

So “free” isn’t even tempting. 😂

OP
OP
bostonman

bostonman

First Name
Tat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Or the customer service rep doesn't know. Wouldn't be the first time.
Guess what... you are right !! They get back to me with this follow up text:

• Is there any expiration date for the complementary 250kwh came with my 2023 MachE ?

• FORD OTA-Team • 1:18 PM
    Message from FORD OTA-Team, There is no expiration date on the complementary 250 kWh’s when it comes to the public charging., Tuesday, January 16 2024, 1:18 PM.
    1:26 PM
    Message from you, Thanks for the answer, Tuesday, January 16 2024, 1:26 PM.

• FORD OTA-Team • 1:30 PM
    Message from FORD OTA-Team, It does look like I was wrong there is an expiration date of 3-years to use them. But you are well away from being at the 3-year mark. I apologize for the misinformation on my part. Do you have any questions regarding public charging?, Tuesday, January 16 2024, 1:30 PM.
    FORD OTA-Team • 1:51 PM

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Guess what... you are right !! They get back to me with this follow up text:

• Is there any expiration date for the complementary 250kwh came with my 2023 MachE ?

• FORD OTA-Team • 1:18 PM
    Message from FORD OTA-Team, There is no expiration date on the complementary 250 kWh’s when it comes to the public charging., Tuesday, January 16 2024, 1:18 PM.
    1:26 PM
    Message from you, Thanks for the answer, Tuesday, January 16 2024, 1:26 PM.

• FORD OTA-Team • 1:30 PM
    Message from FORD OTA-Team, It does look like I was wrong there is an expiration date of 3-years to use them. But you are well away from being at the 3-year mark. I apologize for the misinformation on my part. Do you have any questions regarding public charging?, Tuesday, January 16 2024, 1:30 PM.
    FORD OTA-Team • 1:51 PM
Nice! I'm glad to see they sent you a correction. That Text Ford service may work out.
Sponsored