Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e EAWD, 91KWH extended battery
Occupation
Psychotherapist
Country flag
Background: ordered my car August 2021, got delivery February 2022. Overall, love the car, some glitches here and there, but Tesla has them too. One odd thing I see from time to time has never been mentioned on this thread as far as I know. Let's say the front passenger window is open a few inches to let hot air escape while the A/C gets going. Then I want to close it, so I pull UP on the switch, and guess what? It goes DOWN! I'm not brain dead, I know which way is which, and it only happens about 20% of the time. So strange, has anybody else had this happen?
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Background: ordered my car August 2021, got delivery February 2022. Overall, love the car, some glitches here and there, but Tesla has them too. One odd thing I see from time to time has never been mentioned on this thread as far as I know. Let's say the front passenger window is open a few inches to let hot air escape while the A/C gets going. Then I want to close it, so I pull UP on the switch, and guess what? It goes DOWN! I'm not brain dead, I know which way is which, and it only happens about 20% of the time. So strange, has anybody else had this happen?
Hi Brad. Can you please send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info. I can look into this for you.

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
Cycle the window all the way down, then all the way up a few times. If that doesn't reset it, the official Ford account can help you out.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Courtesy of @shadowsjc in another post a year ago, this is to reset the calibration:

This happened to me once and it's an easy fix. The process is outlined on page 105 of the manual:

Carry out all steps within 30 seconds of
starting the sequence.

1. Close the window.

2. Press and hold the window control
switch until the window is fully open.
Keep the window control switch
pressed for a few seconds.

3. Lift and hold the window control switch
until the window is fully closed. Keep
the window control switch held for a
few seconds.

4. Press and hold the window control
switch until the window is fully open.
Keep the window control switch
pressed for a few seconds.

5. Lift and hold the window control switch
until the window is fully closed. Keep
the window control switch held for a
few seconds.

OP
OP

RedPilot

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e EAWD, 91KWH extended battery
Occupation
Psychotherapist
Country flag
Hi Brad. Can you please send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info. I can look into this for you.
OK thanks. I will try the suggestion of Neil4Real first, and if that doesn't work, will provide info. This forum is GREAT, I didn't expect so many fast replies!

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
If it doesn't work, it may be that you have an Australian build.

/sorry, not helpful.
Sponsored